View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jgenseal85
New Member!
Female 

12-12-2016, 08:29 PM
All the lady said was that she is a rat terrier and that she was pretty sure she was full blooded, but she's not registered. I didn't give it any thought until I started researching the breed and it started talking about size and I noticed that my dog was a little smaller and that lead me to the thinking that it was the toy fox. And I don't want to bother this lady with a bunch of questions, it sounded like she didn't know much herself. This lady is a breeder but she specializes in aussies. Not sure how she came across this dog.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-12-2016, 08:48 PM
OK I just don't understand any of that, surely you spoke about the dog before your partner went and picked him up. I would have found out all I could just in conversation and to satisfy my own curiosity. It all sounds very vague but maybe that's how you buy dogs it's completely alien to me.
Jgenseal85
New Member!
Female 

12-12-2016, 08:58 PM
We chose her because my daughter thought she was cute. I really wasn't worried about her being registered. I communicated with the owner through email. She was an older woman and wasn't exactly tech savvy, so we didn't engage in a whole lot of conversation. But like I said it's not a big deal. I just thought if i posted pics up here I could find someone who had one of the 2 breeds to clear it up.
Jgenseal85
New Member!
Female 

12-12-2016, 09:04 PM
But I do understand what you're saying. My daughter picked this puppy out for a Christmas present. If it were only up to me I would have never bought an unregister dog. All my previous dogs had papers.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Sorry I didn't mean the fact that it's unregistered, I have a terrier mix who's obviously unregistered but I took him on at 20 weeks and know all about his background and why he was being rehomed. Maybe I'm just nosey lol.
I'm sure your daughter will be happy with him whatever breed he is.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2016, 09:23 PM
I'm not trying to drive you away - you have taught at least two of us something new today - but are there any US forums that might have more experience of these two breeds?
Jgenseal85
New Member!
Female 

12-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Well I was unaware that this was a UK forum lol. I just did a Google search for dog forums and this site popped up. I'll have to look around and see what I can find. Thanks for the help.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2016, 10:11 PM
What ever she is she's very cute
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2016, 05:45 PM
I'd say neither.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2