register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2016, 03:22 PM
Took Zen out onto the little park with Lona, and was throwing the ball, and who should all of a sudden dive in and get the ball, but Lona, yes the one with the sore mouth that one, she did drop it pdq, only to have another try a bit later, but I was ready for her and stopped her. Tidied Zen up, she came home sound, and off to training. I have to brag here and say my little girl starred, showed the other dogs how it was done.Have done bits of training the last couple of weeks, using her ball as a reward, today was the first day there was chicken on offer, and was she focused, er yes it did rather focus her attention on me. She did some beautiful distance stays and recalls, also recall away from other dogs. Went through the tunnel, did the gate, whatever I asked her for I got. What a star eh I thought she'd be all over the place as hasn't mixed with any other dogs apart from her family since she came down with this thing, so about 4 months I think, she just settled right back into it like it was only last week she'd been there.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2016, 05:00 PM
Awww good girl Zen and lol@ Lona grabbing the ball
Looking good Tumbleweed
Kazz, so sorry you got called out....hope tonight is quiet for you
Been to Steves, we had dinner together which was nice, he cooked my pizza for me lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2016, 06:02 PM
I do hope things carry on as nicely as they are now for you Griff, its lovely that you're happy and everythings peaceful. I realise Steve has issues, but you do seem to make a difference to him and maybe things will turn out well in the end.
Lona seems to be enjoying her convalescence, she disappeared a while ago, and this is where I found her, sunbathing in the last of today's sun. I had to take a piccie of her as she looks so happy and contented

griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Awwwww, what a lovely photo TW, she does look very happy lounging on the lawn there.
Thanks, at the moment we are just friends, he says he may be rethinking things but if not well, friends is what we will stay, at the end of the day, i was on my own for 13 years so i am well used to it, i have no clue what it is about him but he has really got under my skin...just got off the phone from him after 45 minutes and i only left him at 5.30pm Lol. I am helping Molly get over her fear of the garden...she now goes out and plays ball and we are going to sort the garden out for her so it is nicer for her to go out there but she has been for a few wees out there now which is amazing
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Poor Molly, it must be so hard for her losing Max and having to get used to being on her own
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-09-2016, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
she just settled right back into it like it was only last week she'd been there.
I just wonder if she's missed the trainning and the social interaction with the other dogs, and maybe (just maybe) that's at the root of her chewing. Seperation anxiety is usually associated with being left alone but could it be also not being able to go to school

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Lona seems to be enjoying her convalescence, she disappeared a while ago, and this is where I found her, sunbathing in the last of today's sun.
Lovely photo and she deserves a few minutes sunbathing after that operation. Hope the Tramadol is working.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
i have put myself in his shoes and seen things from his perspective and know that he needs time to sort himself out.
That is usually the hardest thing to do so well done. Like you say a kind gesture here and there costs nowt and it could just be what he needs.

Quick visit tonight as already falling asleep SWMBO watching Poldark, I have been towelling Lara down after she just now decided to have a swim in the pond and then walked in the living room, there's now a trail of paw prints all over the carpet good job it's a very old one that came with the house, we're thinking of renewing it but TBH with two monsters like Casey and Lara there's little point, it's not like we do 'entertaining' very often

Good night, sweet dreams, see you tomorrow
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2016, 08:53 PM
hahahaha....well i hope Lara enjoyed herself Lol. Our carpet is awful, there are bare patches here and there.....we have raised 4 pups on it, put me through my apprenticeship and returning home with my work boots on = oil on the carpet Lol we are going to replace it but will decorate first.
Hope you sleep well Harvey
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2016, 08:55 PM
TW, yes it is hard for Molly......she has been stood looking at the spot where max used to lie tonight, i am hoping i we cut the grass and tidy things up a bit it may look different and smell a bit different for her and help her adjust to being an only dog
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2016, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=Losos;2907182]I just wonder if she's missed the trainning and the social interaction with the other dogs, and maybe (just maybe) that's at the root of her chewing. Seperation anxiety is usually associated with being left alone but could it be also not being able to go to school

Er thats fine Harvey, thats the last 3/4 months accounted for, what about the preceeding months when she systematically stripped all the wood off the outside, chewed the outside of a door half way up and took the first floor up
I followed Lynn's excellent example and put old sheets and duvet covers on my carpets
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2