Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 04:26 PM

I should be a mindreader apparantly....

We have just had a lovely walk, marred by one incident...

We were nearing the end of the footpath, just before the boys go back on lead. A couple were coming towards us, with a little terrier off lead. They made no move to put it on lead.

I called the boys to me, and we just walked past the 3 of them (but not on lead). Max and Murphy ignored the dog, as I had treats in my hands.

Just as we get past them, their terrier turned and ran back to us, barking for all he was worth.

Murphy turned round and gave a little squeal, then ran up to the terrier and stuck his nose up its bum.

I had hold of Max's collar, just in case. I walked back to get Murphy, as the owners were coming back for the terrier. I was told in no uncertain terms that "You should keep dogs like that on the lead. You've not got much control of them have you!"

To which I said that nothing had happened - which it hadn't. Their terrier had barked and instigated with my two, one of whom had sniffed it's bum!

The reply was "Our dog is very poorly and can't have dogs like that near him."

I replied " If your dog had been on the lead, I would have called mine back and put them on as well. I'm not a mindreader, am I?!"

She wandered off mutering, and her hubby swooshed the dog up into his arms, whilst we went on home....

Honestly! How can I possibly know that her dog is 'very poorly' and can't be near that kind of dog? I always put the dogs on lead if we see other on-lead dogs. However, I understand now that instead of training my dogs, I should be learning to mind read...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 04:28 PM
If it was that poorly, why was it out and off-lead?

Pillocks!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Absolute halfwits!

Tell you what, Shelley, you're more polite than me!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 05:19 PM
You wasn't in the wrong at all! Some people are so foolish! I don't want dogs too near my dogs because of how small they are, so I don't let them off lead. That's what they need to do if they don't want their "poorly" dog approached by other dogs. Perhaps teaching the little one some manners might help them out too
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Oooh i hate the "that" kind of dog comments as well. We get them towards Monty sometimes.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-08-2009, 05:42 PM
But Max and Murphy didn't do anything the terrier ran up to them when you were past them. So then Murphy decided to say a doggie hello. Where's the problem.

Daft people.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 06:01 PM
I hate those kind of somment.
When Pat and I was over Sutton Park the other day we had a setter run over, the women who were with it were calling and calling, but it kept running around ours.
Bruce lifted a lip (as he does when something gets in his space) and one lady said ''nasty dog nasty dog'', come here darling

Pat chips in ''he's not nasty he just doesn't like other dogs stalking him''

the reply '' he;s old how's he suppose to know every other dog we meet doesn't mind''.

Pat says '' well you've been lucky then''

I asked ''how old is he''

He's 7
Oh well we walked on.....clearly told off
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-08-2009, 09:29 AM
You're more polite than me too, my response would be 'Oh f**k off' their not worthy of your time or trouble.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
You're more polite than me too, my response would be 'Oh f**k off' their not worthy of your time or trouble.
absolutely - and I find the middle digit says it all, really.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Well you can practice your mind-reading skills now .......what am I thinking?

If you guessed..... idiots ..... your mind reading skills are good
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >