View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 04:33 PM

Where do your dogs stay when you're out?

Just wondering really where your dog/s stay when you're out and why? Crated, hallway, seperate room, run of the house...etc.

Feel free to include pictures of their area!

When we first got Axel, he was in a large crate in the living room, but it took up too much room and we also thought he'd like more space, so we put him in the hallway, we had a baby gate at one end and one just behind front door so he couldn't escape onto the street. He liked the space, but there was nowhere to 'hide' from any noises that scared him. Someone came up with the brilliant idea of clearing out our cupboard under the stairs and putting a gate on, now he happily goes in there and it's his den now...he's warm, go a dark and light end and it's his space which I think is good too...

What about your dogs? Have you changed location to improve things? Do your dogs act differently in different spaces?

Interested to read the replies
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 04:41 PM
They`re generally where I left them. Lolling about in the most comfortable places they can find.
They have a choice of beds and sofas and test them all regularly.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 04:47 PM
My two have the run of the whole house, except a couple of bedrooms. Hoki never goes upstairs by herself but Stumpy will very ocassionally.

They tend to sleep in the lounge most of the time when we're out.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Mine have their beds in the utility room and they sleep or doss down while we're out. They've always slept in there in this house, in my previous house the dogs slept in the cupboard under the stairs which was rather large but I only had two dogs then although 5 might have fitted in it would have been a bit of a squeeze.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2010, 05:05 PM
My boy has run of the house, he has done since he was about two years old.
He usually lays on the sofa or if I dont close the door then the bed, its so obvious where hes been laying the lump sprolls himself across what ever he lays on.
If left alone, which isnt that often to be honest,
hes really good, until he hears someone at the door and then hes on duty, telling leaflet pushers, postie or bible bashers to ****** off!!!
It saves me from doing it as much I use to, he get all the fun these days!

When he was a pup/teenager different story, he was left in his crate. I wouldnt of had a house to come back to if I let him have free run then.
All I will say is pillow remains, rubbish bins, new clothes and remote controls!!!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 05:09 PM
The dogs stay in the kitchen when i'm out, just the same place they stay when i'm in. They arent crated but have a bed each and will curl up in there or sprawl on the floor tiles depending on how hot or cold they are.

Not alot of choices where the dogs can go...they arent allowed any further than the kitchen which is fairly small so their beds do take up quite a bit of room.
foreverhounds
New Member!
Female 

27-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Ours have free range. A couple of sofas and their duvets for serious relaxing. Our bedroom is off limits- being downstairs it's mostly a precaution for our oldies joints and once they get into our bed they never want to leave.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 05:12 PM
We have a very large kitchen, so they are mainly left there if Im out, they have two big beds and a box of stuff to chew and play with.

There are times when I leave Reah & Skye the run of the house, or Reah and Bruce, but Tess is only nine months so she stays in the kitchen, with either all 3 or 1 other just incase I come home to chewed up stuff
(not that she has yet touch wood
CovetKaty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Meg is a very good inside dog so she gets free run of the house, although if we go out and she was on the sofa, she'll be there when we get back
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 05:18 PM
The boys stay in the kitchen and the girls have the run of the house, although it's very rare for nobody to be home!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >