View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
theclarkfamo
New Member!
Female 

16-06-2010, 01:46 AM

Free Staffie And Staffie Cross Neutering !!!

Not sure if u already know this but the mahew animal and humane centre situated in kensal green in LONDON are offering staffie and staffie-cross Neutering free of charge .. they offer neuturing from 12 weeks old !! ..

A FANTASTIC FIND IF I DONT SAY SO MYSELF !!

http://www.mayhewanimalhome.org/index.php ( THE PART WHERE THEY OFFER THE SERVICE )

http://www.mayhewanimalhome.org/index.php ( MAIN PAGE )

CLICK ON DOGS... , THEN OUR SERVICES ...

COPIED FROM THERE NEUTURING SECTION :

Neutering appointments are available Monday - Friday. Please call us on 020 8969 0178 to make an appointment, check prices, or ask for further information.

At The Mayhew, we offer Bull Breed Neutering free of charge and are grateful to the support of Animal Friends Insurance who contribute to the running of this scheme. Please note that to be eligible for the free Bull Breed neutering, your dog must have the physical characteristics of a Bull Breed. If your dog is not deemed to be a Bull Breed type you will be charged for the procedure and our Animal Care Managers decision is final on this subject.

The Mayhew Animal Home believe that neutering is one of the hallmarks of responsible pet ownership. Each year thousands of animals languish and die in rescue centres and pounds while further supply is created by owners who haven't had their pets neutered, as well as pet shops and so-called bedroom breeders. This unfortunate and unnecessary situation costs thousands of animals their lives every year and could so easily be stopped.

Neutering is a simple, quick and low risk operation and is performed on every animal adopted from The Mayhew Animal Home. As well as the obvious benefits of reducing the population of unwanted animals and the difficulty of dealing with unwanted litters of puppies, neutering can be extremely beneficial to your pet's health and behaviour.

Un-neutered animals face potentially life threatening diseases such as cancer of the reproductive organs, and potentially severe infections such as pyometra. Conditions such as these together with adolescent hormone related behavioural problems can be eliminated if neutering is performed at a young age.

The Mayhew Animal Home neuters from 12 weeks for dogs, making an assessment before the procedure in each case. We will not proceed with an early-age neuter if we believe the procedure to be detrimental to a dog's wellbeing and future development, and instead will wait until a later stage to neuter.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 09:57 AM
I wouldnt normally agree with neutering as early as 12 weeks, but i think that there are so many 'bull breed' 'accidental' litters in young bitches (and other breeds of course) that in this case i think its probably for the best.
But what a great scheme, i hope people take advantage of it.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
I wouldnt normally agree with neutering as early as 12 weeks, but i think that there are so many 'bull breed' 'accidental' litters in young bitches (and other breeds of course) that in this case i think its probably for the best.
But what a great scheme, i hope people take advantage of it.
i agree, the situation of rescues is desperate and sadly a huge proportion of them are bull breeds so i think anything that could maybe help aleviate the problem should be tried.