Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 08:04 AM

I'm Falling Apart Lol

My front tooth that broke in half last week and the dentist repaired has broken in half again but worse this time. Of course it happened last night when dentists are shut till monday!
I went to my doctor last night as I have been having bad pains high up in my stomach. She is organising an urgent scan to have my gall bladder checked. I also have to do a stool sample as she said it could be some long named thing that lives inside us but in some flairs up. Meantime my antacid medication has been stepped up.
She has also given me a form to have my right hip x-rayed in the next couple of days as that has got really painful and grates and causes me to limp. She thinks its arthirits and said had I thought about hip replacement . I said I will not be going there as don't want to be taking time off work.
I also have to take in a urine sample as I am getting pains in my lower back which she thinks is muscular but in case its kidneys and needs further investigation she wants to check that first.
So with my Fibromyalgia as well I feel like I am falling apart
Oh well never mind life goes on and at work I see elderly with much worse problems so that puts mine into perspective.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2012, 08:36 AM
I hope all the tests reveal no major problems.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Oh Bev....... you poor thing.....

*Hugs* honey - hope the tests don't reveal anything to worry about

x0x0x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Sorry to hear you`re in the wars. Don`t think much of your dentist btw.
Sometime when we are stressed about one thing, the rest of the ailments decide to join in because we`re a bit down.
I hope you`re feeling better soon. .
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Sometime when we are stressed about one thing, the rest of the ailments decide to join in because we`re a bit down.
I think you make a good point there. I am a bit phobic about doctors and hospitals and tend to leave it until I am either convinced I am dying or I have SO MANY health probs that I present them as a 'job lot' to the doc!

It's always when I think there must be something dreadfully wrong because I have multiple symptoms and problems that it turns out there is nothing much wrong with me.

But, when I've convinced myself that a sharp pain below the ribs for instance, is no more than the result of my stupidity in letting the kids convince me to go go karting at my age and I've probably bruised my rib or side - I end up being carted off in an ambulance with an emergency burst appendix!

I do hope your multitude of problems turns out to be nothing serious but maybe stress related resulting in your natural immune system being a bit compromised. Or maybe just the blerdy awful weather making things worse.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Lots of gentle {{{hugs}}} for you Bev xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
My front tooth that broke in half last week and the dentist repaired has broken in half again but worse this time. Of course it happened last night when dentists are shut till monday!
I went to my doctor last night as I have been having bad pains high up in my stomach. She is organising an urgent scan to have my gall bladder checked. I also have to do a stool sample as she said it could be some long named thing that lives inside us but in some flairs up. Meantime my antacid medication has been stepped up.
She has also given me a form to have my right hip x-rayed in the next couple of days as that has got really painful and grates and causes me to limp. She thinks its arthirits and said had I thought about hip replacement . I said I will not be going there as don't want to be taking time off work.
I also have to take in a urine sample as I am getting pains in my lower back which she thinks is muscular but in case its kidneys and needs further investigation she wants to check that first.
So with my Fibromyalgia as well I feel like I am falling apart
Oh well never mind life goes on and at work I see elderly with much worse problems so that puts mine into perspective.
Oh dear Bev, poor you, hope you are better soon

Was it *Campylobacter she mentioned?
This can be treated with antibiotics.
Hope it all gets sorted soon.

Edit, whoops I meant Helicobacter Pylori virus.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Feel better soon, Bev xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Oh crikey Bev, and I thought that my aches and pains were bad

Seriously though, I hope that you get some answers and relief for some if not all of those problems. Look after yourself and listen to your body........if it says put your feet up and rest then do just that. Humph, as if...
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I hope all the tests reveal no major problems.
Thanks Lynn, I am off for my hip x-ray today and to the dentist and to drop the sample to my doctors.

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh Bev....... you poor thing.....

*Hugs* honey - hope the tests don't reveal anything to worry about

x0x0x
Thanks Vicki x

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
It was a new woman in my practice as my normal dentist was not there. I won't be seeing her again I can assure you, especially after what the emergency dentist told me. I am seeing my normal dentist today.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I think you make a good point there. I am a bit phobic about doctors and hospitals and tend to leave it until I am either convinced I am dying or I have SO MANY health probs that I present them as a 'job lot' to the doc!

It's always when I think there must be something dreadfully wrong because I have multiple symptoms and problems that it turns out there is nothing much wrong with me.

But, when I've convinced myself that a sharp pain below the ribs for instance, is no more than the result of my stupidity in letting the kids convince me to go go karting at my age and I've probably bruised my rib or side - I end up being carted off in an ambulance with an emergency burst appendix!

I do hope your multitude of problems turns out to be nothing serious but maybe stress related resulting in your natural immune system being a bit compromised. Or maybe just the blerdy awful weather making things worse.
I am hoping its all stress too as my job can be very very stressful and I do a lot of hours always racing against the clock.

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Lots of gentle {{{hugs}}} for you Bev xx
Thankyou x

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh dear Bev, poor you, hope you are better soon

Was it *Campylobacter she mentioned?
This can be treated with antibiotics.
Hope it all gets sorted soon.

Edit, whoops I meant Helicobacter Pylori virus.
Yes I think it was that last one you said

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Feel better soon, Bev xx
Thankyou x

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh crikey Bev, and I thought that my aches and pains were bad

Seriously though, I hope that you get some answers and relief for some if not all of those problems. Look after yourself and listen to your body........if it says put your feet up and rest then do just that. Humph, as if...
Lol hopefully I can get a lot of things sorted today on my one day off as next week I am on holiday and would like to actually try and relax a little.