Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 04:07 PM

Wedding things to remember...

Im getting married in March

I think iv pretty much got everything in order, but cant help thinking I must of forgotten some things!

Can I have some help from anyone??

Anything you almost forgot when you got married? Things that are easy to forget to do??

Any help appriciated xx
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 04:53 PM
How exciting!! March will be here before you know it!
The only thing I forgot were 2 people that I didn't account for in the numbers for the meal. I had 103 guests accounted for and forgot to include....wait for it......Graham and me!!!!!!
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Congratulations to you both.

I always think it's nice to have a CD of the wedding and I think it's better to pay someone proffessionally to do it as it's something to look back on every year. I wouldn't agree to a friend filming it as they might not bother to include everything you want.

It's well worth having it done.

Same with the wedding photos, get someone proffessional, nothing worse than bad photos taken at your wedding.

Hope these suggestions help.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Don't forget your little gifts for your bridesmaids and pageboys
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Congratulations ! The most important thing to remember in all the orgainsing is, its your day , to enjoy and create memories for the future , your friends will all help make this happen , just chill and enjoy being the star of the show !
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
Congratulations ! The most important thing to remember in all the orgainsing is, its your day , to enjoy and create memories for the future , your friends will all help make this happen , just chill and enjoy being the star of the show !
It's the most wonderful feeling in the world isnt it, you feel like a film star for a day, you are the main event, all the attention is on you. It's brilliant!

I feel like getting married again to experience it all once again.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Aw congratulations, how excting! Tell us more! Have you got your dress?

One thing I nearly forgot was something to put over my dress when it was a bit chilly, got a silk scalf in the end.

Oh, and...

New collars and leads for the dogs

and do everything YOUR way, it's YOUR day, never forget that for a minute!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 06:38 PM
I agree with those who have said do everything how you want as it is your day.

Assuming you've got the main thing of dresses, suits, rings etc sorted I'll list a few of the final touch type things that you might not have:

* Favours
* Place Settings
* Table Plan
* Table Names or Numbers? We went for names and took a month of deliberation before we settled on something we both liked!!
* Gifts for bridesmaids and best man
* Guest Book and decent pens for guests to use. We had one of these instead of a guest book and it was very popular: http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/br...humbprint-tree
* Matching cufflinks for the groom party?

That's all i can think of off the top of my head. I would also say hire the best photographer you can afford as it is worth every penny.

Another thing is to see if you can try and make things like invites, place settings etc yourself. We did and saved a small fortune on it. If you want anymore info or anything let me know - i only got married two weeks ago so it's very fresh in my head (and i'm missing the planning a bit!!)
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks all. Iv already got my dress, having it altered the end of january
getting favours about a month before and making them up myself [got te little bags already.]
got bridesmaids dresses.
dan needs to get suits sorted.
im getting table names, place cards, table plan etc pinted up after xmas [were going for names of gem stones, because Dan is a jeweller ] We have our wedding rings done already, Dan made them himself
We've got my dad a lovely gold pocket watch, which we're going to have inscribed on the back..not sure what with yet though, suggestions??

sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 07:34 PM
I forgot my bouquet. 3 days before the wedding me and my mum are phoning around florists trying to find one who could make me something. Thankfully we found one, probably because I didn't want something huge and fancy.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >