Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2020, 05:52 AM

Saturday 21st November 2020

Good morninh all

Up early popping to asda then out with Gert, work washing should be ready for the line and pray for a windy dry day.

Brenda I am so pleased you are happy.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2020, 09:13 AM
Good morning all.

Looks dull and murky out there.

Just our normal short walk this morning (so looking forward to being able to get back to our normal walks, the short one is pretty boring). Then it back to Harry Potter and his many troubles

Have a good 'un all. x
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2020, 09:28 AM
Good morning Kazz, Chris and all who follow

So pleased you are happily settling Brenda and that the landlord is good.

Was drizzling earlier when I walked Teazle but now brightening up, Dried some washing on the radiators so that is now ironed and in the airing cupboard.

Hope all are well
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2020, 12:17 PM
Good afternoon all. Thought I better pop in.

All good here bit sad though Michael has confirmed he won't be able to do Christmas this year. He would have to do 2 weeks quarantine here in the UK then 2 weeks quarantine back in Madrid he has said he couldn't do it and of course we as a family totally understand and wouldn't expect him to.
Thankfully he gets on well with Maca's family and they consider him part of their family so he will celebrate his Christmas on 6th January as they do there.
Hopefully all being well we will see Mark, Lauren and Joel Boxing day. Will miss Michael though will be a year on 22nd December since seeing him.
He is keeping well and they can do things in Madrid like visit the big country parks and go to the mountains at weekends.
Gorden is going into the loft to get the outside Christmas lights down and put them up this weekend maybe bring a little cheer if we can, not feeling it much myself I must admit.

Harvey hope the days are getting a little easier without Bruno for you all.
brenda glad to read you are now moved and settling into your new life.

Hope everyone is keeping well and all four legged friends to.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2020, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
bit sad though Michael has confirmed he won't be able to do Christmas this year. He would have to do 2 weeks quarantine here in the UK then 2 weeks quarantine back in Madrid

Harvey hope the days are getting a little easier without Bruno for you all.

Hi Lynn good to see you Shame about Michael but like you say it would be a big problem, just support him in the decision and think about next year when this Covid situation will hopefully be resolved.

The loss of Bruno was a big shock and I'm still kicking myself that I didn't go to the vets with him, we both expected him to come home after the XRay was done. He was the youngest at 8years 2 months even younger than Baruska (8&1/2) It was his heart that went, we'll probably never know why he stopped eating.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2020, 01:20 PM
Yes Harvey we are supportive in his decision he would go bonkers locked up for 4 weeks certainly not good for him. Bad enough for any of us but he thrives on exercise and being able to get out and about.
A shock for you regards Bruno. He was though a good age for a Newfie as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago Bernese are veterans at 7 so I guess the same goes for all breeds roughly the same size. Dillon is equivalent to an 80 year human now being 9.
You did your best for Bruno and none of us what is underlying with these dogs so many Bernese seem fine they go to the vet for a check up regards what seems like a small problem and they are diagnosed with mostly cancers and gone in weeks, months. So many on the Bernese boards being caught out this way.
Elderly dogs and young such stoic breeds these mountain and rescue breeds.

I am thinking he possibly had many underlying health issues like our Ollie had and until a postmortem is done you never know. We wouldn't have known if the vet school hadn't offered the postmortem for Ollie as
everything was confusing regarding tests.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2020, 06:12 PM
Evening all cracking day had here, brilliant walks and pre planning getting the Christmas stuff sorted as you say Lynn a bit of cheer.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2020, 06:55 PM
I'm planning a walk down to the beach tomorrow even if the weather is rubbish. Just watched White Christmas. Lovely. Knight and Day on now. Have a good evening. Off to get a glass of wine.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2020, 08:38 PM
Hello Brenda Have you moved closer to the beach/sea now?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2020, 05:11 AM
Yep just a short walk. Probably 5 minutes if that. If going by car, according to AA route planner 1minute 57seconds
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >