Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Thanks

never changed any of my rescues names before, only considering because she came in a stray at 12, shes only been given this name for the space of weeks maximum. doesn't seem to be responding to agatha at the moment so seeing it as a why not really rather than continue to teach her a name I'm not a fan of.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Who could resist that appealing little face Laura
I am sure a suitable name will come to you...
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Beautiful girl and very lucky too! Also like the name Maggie for her
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2014, 07:22 PM
What a beautiful face she has. I like the name Maggie too
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2014, 11:50 PM
I'd just try out a few names with her when you get her and see which she responds best to.

If she's already responding to Agatha, perhaps Ayla might worth as it starts and end they same. I quite like Aggie though too
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-01-2014, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Shes ours, coming to her forever home Wednesday <3

Im not sure if I like the 'Ag' sound, at the end of the day if she responds to it itll stay but im just thinking because shes a stray and only just been made available for homing shes not really had time to get to connected with Agatha
Congrats on your new addition!!!!
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2014, 10:54 AM
I always change my dogs names when they come to me, it is a new life so new name. Some were named by the pound and didn't know their names but others came from previous owners or fosterers and did know their name.

I once took on a dog called Lassie, she was a Labrador/Whippet, her previous life hadn't been very good so we changed her name to Tommy, hubby was an Everton supporter she was called after Tommy Lawton a player. Once she realised we were calling her Tommy, she refused to respond to Lassie, it took 24 hours for this.

I fostered a dog called Billy who arrived on the anniversary of my husband dying so I couldn't call him that, another who had a bad past, I changed his name to Bertie Bassett, another who refused to respond to his old name.

Most of us call our dogs by several names anyway, I used to have one that answered to Sausage and Dolly answers to Little Sh**
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Aw what a sweety!
I really like the name Abigail, which can then be Abbie. I think that would suit an elderly lady
In any case, congratulations to the new addition and well done for rescuing her, I'm sure she'll live her days out happily with you!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
So far been approved this old dear who i met myself today and going along with my mum who dog sits for me and Amber and Totts to see how they get on. Seeing how she was and knowing the girls I think they'll get along famously

Now as much as she has pulled my heartstrings, she came in as a stray and as much as I try to imagine I just can't picture myself calling out 'Agatha' for a recall. "totts, amber, agatha' just doesn't roll of the tongue. I thnk its a lovely name for the old dear but I just don't think it sits with me as long as she's not been trained to it which it doesn't seem she has....soo looking for possible name help?

So far thinking if she still isn't responding to Agatha-
Sandy- from the stray in Annie because recently lost my gran who's name was Annie (although we called her nancy)
or Lana (been watching a lot of Archer recently) possibly Luna?? I really don't know if i should even consider changing her name
any other suggestions?

not thought much more than that so far and its still not 100% she's coming home...just 99.99%. Please keep fingers and paws crossed for us
What an adorable photo of that lovely dog. I am biased because I have a VERY good friend we call 'Aggie' so I like the name! (Her real name is Agnieska)

Agatha/Agnes/Aggie/Luna or waddever you end up calling her (and I'm sure she won't give a fig!) is very lucky to have found you! Perhaps just call her Lucky!
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Im so excited. Absolutely can not wait to bring her home now

Going to wait till shes home and get to know her properly and see from there with the name.

Thank you all so much
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >