Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2006, 03:18 PM

Working Newfoundland event

Hi All,

I took the boys for a walk yesterday at our favourite local country park. The council have done loads to develop some old gravel pits and we love all the space to run about in.

Anyway, Yesterday we pulled up and there were tents and stalls all set up in one of the grassy areas and lots of Big black dogs barking and playing.

As we walked through to one of the many lakes, there was a jetty cordoned off where the dogs were 'rescuing' people.

I was fascinated There were people in wetsuits pretending to be drowning and the dogs were sent in to fetch them back to shore.
When we returned there were people in a dingy being saved by the dog, who grabbed the rope and pulled the whole boat back.

Never seen anything like it, they were all having a fantastic time though.....
frizzy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Ohhh sounds great would love to get Daisy involved in that,she would love it-thing is i dont drive..
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-05-2006, 04:36 PM
have a look around there is quite a few water rescue clubs.. i know the leo's do it but some are mixed leo's and neffies training together.
where theres a will theres a way...
don't give up yet, tob would love it my fear would be getting the wally out again..... i can picture him sitting in the middle of a island saying "no not moving" and mugging on the side thinking "******"