Our sister sites
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-12-2011, 10:28 PM

Worm burden

this is for a friend

she has 15week old husky pup (diago) who has worms
she thought they were appearing dead but tonight, they thought they saw them wriggling, it looked like spaggeti - roundworm??

he was wormed when he had his injection at 8 week with advocate and has just had another dose of advocate now at 15 wk

it sounds to me like he has a lot of them but ive never had to deal with worms so dont really have any advice for her.

how soon will she need to worm him again?

she is going to ring the vets tomorrow but were not sure if they will be open or if its just for emergancies as its christmas eve

anyone have any advice i can give her tonight stop her worrying as much
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2011, 11:39 PM
My only advice to your friend is for her not to worry and the vet will sort it out. I use Advocate and I must admit I use it every 4 weeks and not six weeks in your friends case. You don't say how long ago the puppy had its second dose. If it was only a day or so ago that would explain the worms!! Hope it all gets sorted .... have a great Christmas!
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
My only advice to your friend is for her not to worry and the vet will sort it out. I use Advocate and I must admit I use it every 4 weeks and not six weeks in your friends case. You don't say how long ago the puppy had its second dose. If it was only a day or so ago that would explain the worms!! Hope it all gets sorted .... have a great Christmas!
thanks,
yes she gave him his second dose friday afternoon, so if she saw the worms that means the wormer has worked then.

like i said she is going to phone the vets in the morning so i will speak to her and find out how she got on later on in the day

happy christmas to you too