View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2012, 07:46 PM

Right, have ditched Virgin........Outlook2010??

The switchover to BT is on Friday, and I have to say that so far everything has gone surprisingly smoothly Virgin sent the Mac code within an hour of being asked (perhaps they are desperate to get rid of me!!) and BT assure me that there should be no interruption in service apart from when I install their stuff.

BT is not only cheaper, but their help staff all seem to be extremely well spoken English people! I can actually understand them which is a novelty

Anyway, I am sorting myself out in preparation BUT having looked at the instructions for putting my new BT email account into Outlook I am a little stumped because I have Outlook Office 2010 and the choices only go up to 2007. Is it the same thing does anybody know, or do I have to search for instructions for 2010? Not explaining myself very well here, but basically I want to plonk the emails into Outlook along with my other email accounts.

Have been looking around on the help sites, and have now decided to get my pet computer lad to do it for me!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Sorry Sally I can't help you with Outlook as I don't use it now, all my e-mail goes to Yahoo account.

However, I'm glad you're supporting UK based call centres, I can't stand it when you get some muppet who can't speak English and starts saying "Have a good day" when really they couldn't care less
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2012, 09:52 AM
The instructions for setting up emails in 2010 should be very similar to 2007.

I could try to either put together 2010 instructions for you (we have it at home) or find some generic ones?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Sorry Sally I can't help you with Outlook as I don't use it now, all my e-mail goes to Yahoo account.

However, I'm glad you're supporting UK based call centres, I can't stand it when you get some muppet who can't speak English and starts saying "Have a good day" when really they couldn't care less
It's just such a struggle to understand some of them isn't it, and that makes it even more difficult trying to sort out whatever problem it is that you have rung them about.

Originally Posted by Pysces View Post
The instructions for setting up emails in 2010 should be very similar to 2007.

I could try to either put together 2010 instructions for you (we have it at home) or find some generic ones?
I am a bit of a dumbo when it comes to more technical stuff on computers However if I have clear instructions then I can usually get there! I really appreciate your offer of help, and if you have the time then some instructions would be fantastic. I was full of hope when the help page said that BT could configure it automatically, but then discovered 2010 wasn't on there
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 11:34 PM
We're with VM for internet only, ditched their tv for Sky, was going to have Sky internet then found out even if we were paying for the 20mb connection we could only get 3mb where we live, so stuck with VM. Today we upgraded to 50MB connection and so far have been getting around 39mb which is pretty good.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
We're with VM for internet only, ditched their tv for Sky, was going to have Sky internet then found out even if we were paying for the 20mb connection we could only get 3mb where we live, so stuck with VM. Today we upgraded to 50MB connection and so far have been getting around 39mb which is pretty good.
Yes, I do think you get what you pay for - however we have no cable around here so are stuck with the phone line. I became seriously fed up with VM and the fact that it was taking me several goes before I could connect and then it kept dropping out, so for better or worse I am going to BT.........tomorrow is changeover day Really scared that it will all go pear shaped I do know that for about ten days it will be a little slow perhaps, as everything settles down, but hopefully after that it will be better.