Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
I missed this too ? sorry
Please try not to worry yourself Sheree, I hope this appointment is made soon for you xxxxx

Did he give you any indication on the cost of private consultation ?
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
sorry your having a rough time at the moment.

If it is goitre a women i work with has just had this diagnosed and it runs in her family, they are keeping an eye on it at the moment though, i think her mum and nan had it also.

If i were you i would keep on at the doctors a bit, but sometimes going privately isn't toooo bad in costs it might be worth checking out. Good luck, thinking of you.

Thanks ladies...the consultation alone would be around £100..I just don't have that sort of money, if I thought it would get me treated any sooner I would borrow it, but then I would also have to pay for any treatment I get and I simply couldn't go there. I think that once I know one way or another I will relax a bit, its just that its growing so quickly,and where its located frightens me.xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Aw Sheree, sorry I have only just caught up with this. How horrible for you. The wait must seem endless.
I hope that knowing that we are all thinking of you will help to keep your mind off it.
You are in my thoughts and I hope you get that cancellation and that the treatment will be easy and over with soon. xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Aw Sheree, sorry I have only just caught up with this. How horrible for you. The wait must seem endless.
I hope that knowing that we are all thinking of you will help to keep your mind off it.
You are in my thoughts and I hope you get that cancellation and that the treatment will be easy and over with soon. xx
Thanks Jenny, the scan will only be just over a month since I first visited the doc, but it seems like ages ago, I suppose I should be thankful that its only a month. xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Thats a life time when you are worried.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Sorry I've only just caught this too

That sounds pretty horrendous - the size of an apple????!!!! No wonder you're worried sick and scared Sheree If it were me, I think I'd be taking a trip down casualty telling them I can't breathe or something - that'll get them moving on it!!!! A whole month longer you've got to wait even for a scan to tell them exactly what it is???? This is unbelievable isn't it! Tell some porkies and see what can be done and NOW! Sending some hugs from me and Georgie coz you must be so worried.xxxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Only just caught this, I wont say don't worry because I know you are, which is normal.
Hopefully not long to the scan now and you will know what it is, it does sound like a goitre.
Take care and sending (((hugs)))
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

That sounds pretty horrendous - the size of an apple????!!!! No wonder you're worried sick and scared Sheree If it were me, I think I'd be taking a trip down casualty telling them I can't breathe or something - that'll get them moving on it!!!! A whole month longer you've got to wait even for a scan to tell them exactly what it is???? This is unbelievable isn't it! Tell some porkies and see what can be done and NOW! Sending some hugs from me and Georgie coz you must be so worried.xxxx
Aww thanks H and Georgie, I think you could be right...it is huge and is clearly visable from the outside, I'm a bit of a chicken about going to casualty though, I had a broken foot for a day before I went because I don't like to burden them. I think I'll phone them in the morning to see if they have a cancellation and, if not, pop to casualty..I just worry about using their time when they should be looking after emergencies, but then again, there's only me here to look after me and if I can't breathe then who's going to feed my babies? xxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Only just caught this, I wont say don't worry because I know you are, which is normal.
Hopefully not long to the scan now and you will know what it is, it does sound like a goitre.
Take care and sending (((hugs)))

Thanks for your kind wishes, my mum said it sounds like a goitre and I know quite a few people on here have experience of it. Its just the way the doc reacted today, he said he wasn't going to stick a needle in it himself and risk disturbing tissue...just in case
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Well done H I had thought the same myself.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:38 PM
sheree, I have only just seen this and i'm so sorry to read that you are having such a rough time of things at the moment. this sounds worrying but like others i have family who have also suffered from these goyters (sp?) and once treatment is started all is back to normal quite quickly.
I shall keep my fingers crossed for a cancellation for you (((((Cockerhugs)))))
love Kitt xx
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >