register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 09:09 AM
That's why I was looking at protein and cutting that down and bulking with baked potato and extra veg, Lynn. All Utonagan have GSD in the background, however there is fairly recent GSD in Mabs, about 6 generations ago in her fathers side, and Zens daddy is half GSD. None of Zens siblings and half siblings seem to have suffered this though. Like you say Griff, probably why she is still here, and if anyone is going to have a problem I suppose it is best I have it in the scheme of things. Because I have never experienced it it is all new to me, and as anyone would, I am reading up about it, think I have read the same GSD article as you did Lynn from the sounds of it. Hoping Brenda will come up with a definitive way forward today. There is no bone in the meat Zen is having, I've cut her down to one third of a pound with veg and potato for brekkie, no ox liver as I was unsure about the protein scenario, she has a carrot or apple at lunch and 200g chicken or fish for tea again with lots of veg and baked potato. No bones or chicken carcass, i am realistic enough to know she'll have some of left over bones from the girls, hence my cutting it completely from her diet. One short on lead walk in the morning and that's it.
Lynn that person who is haggling with you may come good, I do have a haggle myself when buying anything if I can, so I've got fingers and toes crossed for you.
Despite the forecast saying its not going to rain this morning, it is. Another half hour and if its still raining then I'll get the shopping done early and hope it dries off this afternoon
Moyra, surely it'll be 3rd time lucky for your op and you'll be sorted out this time. Any news from the Council with regards to your doctors letter and the housing situation
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 09:15 AM
I would say you are doing it as right as you can June and I expect no two dogs are the same and all deal and manage it differently. Sometimes I think gut instinct is a very good way to go.
I always have a haggle too but this is a bit low and a very cheeky haggle. I am not at that point yet. Hopefully won't be either.
Dillon in where I want him and no cajoling today like usual.
Hi Sue and Nippy Jen.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 09:31 AM
Morning all. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow Moyra. June Not sure that I know more about this problem but my daughter in USA certainly does. I have emailed you seperately about Zen. Hope everyone else is having a good morning. Good Luck Griff and don't listen to your Dad, he will come round to it eventually.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 09:40 AM
I think it is a good age for any dog Lynn, I have never had one go past 11, one of my friends has a Utonagan who is 12 and recently one passed at 15, one at 11, one of my puppy owners lost their older Utonagan at15. I think it varies, just like humans. Lona and Cariad are litter sisters, Cariad looks and acts older than Lona who still chases balls, swims and enjoys a decent walk. Cariad has piled on the weight since being spayed, it was due to a womb infection and the possibility of Pyo later on, had to be done, but I regret it as she lost most of the hair on her tail, its still sparse, and piled on the pounds. She is virtually vegetarian I give her so little and bulk it out with veg, avoiding carrot, squash and sweet potato in her case.
Have a good weekend Nippy, do you have Sunday lunch organised this weekend or are you off duty
Sue that trailer will keep Barry out from under your feet for a while I hope
Well still raining here, so off shopping and hoping it dries up later
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Brenda, I didn't want to bother your daughter with her loosing Xia hence my not being in touch with my confusion. I see you are none the wiser as well, so I'm in good company here
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Nippy, i hope the weather is lovely for your granddaughters first professional shoot
Sue, what will you find to do whilst Tumbleweed is occupied elsewhere Lol
TW, i do beleive that Zen was meant to stay with you and i think it is for this reason....you are doing the best you can by her and thats all you can do
Lynn, i hoe Mark manages to get something sorted...you have so many worries bless you
I am having a panci attack!!!! was supposed to see Steve today but he has so much to do, bills, shopping, haircut etc and now his sister has asked for him to fetch his niece from school....i said it was fine, i will just see him tomorrow, he has said no he is going to come and knock my door.....i am having kittens, my dogs are loopy, my dad will be here and the hosue is a tip as we are decorating so there is just junk.....everywhere!!! he says i can't avoid it forever...errrr yeah i can thanks...god i am going to be sick
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Get all the junk take it upstairs into a bedroom and shut the door, then when he has gone sort everything. Go over everywhere that can be seen with wipes, clean the kitchen floor, if you have a dishwasher put all pots in there. Wipe worktops down, if you don't have fabreze or similar, put some softener in a spray bottle, dilute with water, spray the furniture, cushions etc! Has saved me many times when people have rung to say they 'are in the area' and only 15 mins away and are popping round
Nippy,forgot to say, hoping the rain stays away for that first photoshoot
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 11:03 AM
there is too much junk to hide lol i have put down neutradol....hoovered everywhere, swept the kitchen floor and tidied up a bit, might squirt the dogs with some doggy freshener in a moment...they'll love that lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 11:39 AM
No word from the Council yet. No reply to my letter I sent to support the docs letter.

I did get a scam letter from China, similar to the type that were being sent out from Nigeria. Went straight into the shredder! Weren't asking for my bank details but did want me to respond either by telephone or e-mail of which I did neither.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 11:59 AM
I can't see Zen being a long term resident in a pet home, Griff.
She is still carrying on her long term love affair with wood (more kennel shredded this morning, not a lot, but some) and still very mouthy, and by now she would have exhausted all goodwill, I get totally exasperated by her. Having said that she is such a lovely nature, always very sorry for upsetting me and tries her best, even whilst she's on short walks she still remembers to sit at the kerb and not pull, even though she does pull sometimes a quick 'Hey' sends her backwards to walk next to me. She's a long term project in all respects, taking into account the current situation I think she will morph into a dream girl and is in Ugly Sister mode at present, she will, one day, fit the glass slipper the handsome prince presents to her, one day......
It stopped raining all of a sudden, changed direction and took Zen for her walk, it started raining. Took Cariad and Lona out and it was hammering it down, I got soaked even with a quick walk because I had to head home with only having a fleece on and no jacket.Came back and put coat on instead and wax hat, set off with Mabs and Kesh, and it stopped, a few minutes later was coming down in stair rods, so back home again. It is now sunny If I had followed my Plan, then I would have finished the shopping, been home now and girls would have had a decent walk
Griff, can you stack the junk artistically
Moyra, hoping the lack of communication means someone has sent it to someone else for action
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »