View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Don't worry Griff, I cannot keep up with it either. I am still tempted to get a taxi if I book it early enough I may beat the school run crowd and it would certainly make life easier.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2016, 10:35 AM
We have had a very upsetting situation here this morning, there is a new cat on the block and it is after our birds. He caught a ring necked dove this morning and broke its wing and it was bleeding so badly Steve had to put it out of it's misery. He said once upon a time he would think nothing of disposing of pigeons and doves but now every living creature deserves to live. He thinks maybe we should stop feeding the birds, but we love to see them all coming down to the feed table. The difficulty is the blackbirds and the doves and pigeons tend to stay on the ground. The last thing we want is to make an easy target for these stray cats. Steve has made all the ground wet around the shrub area where the cats come and has taken the bottom layer of cover off the shrubs. We are keeping a bucket of water handy for if the cat comes back and Steve has also groomed Amber and laid her hair about in the hope it will put the cat off.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Moyra I use green scatter crystals to keep the cats away from places that they aren't wanted. Looks like we might have new neighbours soon. Always a worry after having good ones for years. Hope your journey is without problems Moyra. Griff I was told that to get to sleep plan a garden? Oh have I suggested that before? Neighbours on soon so off to make a coffee. Have a good afternoon peeps.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Hello everyone
Been for breakfast with my friend and then met my mum in law, got home just before it started hailing, it's nice and bright again but very cold. I'm even considering putting the heating on
Hopefully what Steves done will help keep the cats from the bird table Moyra. My Diesel used to try stalk birds and butterflies until I think she decided it was too much effort without much gain as I used to shout or clap loudly to stop her catching them.
I shall take Rosie out shortly whilst it's dry then catch up with stuff I've recorded before work.
Hope your delivery came Griff
TW hope the phone conversation is what was needed, if not at least you seem to have a backup sorted too.
Sue hope the workmen are getting on with it, seeing as they came that early
Brenda what a gorgeous boy Tyto is and very clever too
Right time for a cuppa
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Moyra I use green scatter crystals to keep the cats away from places that they aren't wanted. Looks like we might have new neighbours soon. Always a worry after having good ones for years. Hope your journey is without problems Moyra. Griff I was told that to get to sleep plan a garden? Oh have I suggested that before? Neighbours on soon so off to make a coffee. Have a good afternoon peeps.
I'm keeping fingers crossed for good neighbours too, I've had my neighbour for about 12/13 years and now they selling
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Had a right time of it even getting to the motorway, the whole area was gridlocked and I was greeted by a queue of traffic even coming out of the village, 1HOUR LATER I got on the motorway. No real idea what went on to cause all of it. There were a lot of bones today, actually rang them whilst I was sat in the traffic to say was it worth my while coming, as I had already been through several changes of traffic lights and not moved an inch, it took me half an hour to get there as it was. They assured me there were. I have finally got home, there was hail and rain coming back on the motorway, was dreading trying to get off at the turnoff, everywhere clear, so none the wiser as to why everywhere was jam packed at lunchtime. Got enough bones for the week, but have made myself very clear as to why I will not be collecting if there is 13 bones, some chicken carcasses and 2 pieces of lamb rib for me in the future, and that I can buy in if needs be as I won't be spending money on petrol to do the trip.
LG, that BNM certainly stinks doesn't it, the girls were really smelly as well for the first few weeks, either I've got used to it, or its something that happens when first used.
Moyra, you can buy lion dung that gets rid of cats, I did use the green crystals but they seemed to lose their effectiveness, and they also went really expensive at the same time. My mum used to have one of those sonic repellents and the cats next door to her stopped coming into her garden, but by then the birds had all gone but at least she was spared their constant digging up of her garden and using it as a toilet, plus she once found one had been in her shoes that she'd left in the back doorway
Mandy, am hoping you get nice neighbours too, I've always got a Plan B worked out and a few possible options for a Plan C, as I hate relying on people and them knowing it, because then they let you down, because they can.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2016, 02:20 PM
Good you have plentiful supply o bones June and the journey was worthwhile.

Wow we have a lady that breakfasts instead of lunch with Mandy Good you enjoyed it.

Taxi sounds a very good idea Moyra and then you won't have to worry about parking.

Hope blood letting goes well Griff.

Well the workmen started as soon as I opened the gate and only stopped for a half hour coffee break. All old stuff gone and all the sides have been glazed and the roof bars are in place with tarpaulin over it. Tomorrow the person who does the lead work will be here and then they will be back Thursday to put in the roof glass. Must say it looks a lot bigger with the white inside instead of dark wood. Once they are gone I then have the decorating to do so will be kept out of mischief for a while
We were lucky with the weather in that we only had a little bit of sleet and one clap of thunder so everything is dry.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2016, 02:21 PM
June maybe it is the rail strike that is affecting the roads. It apparently is spreading across country so maybe more people are using their cars. We had a sonic thing in the garden and the cats just ignored it. Send the dog out. Trouble is though Tyto is frightened of cat's no good me sending him out. I go out and shoo them but even then they don't really run off just saunter.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2016, 02:42 PM
There is only one train an hour here Brenda, between the hours of 7am and 6pm, none Sundays, and the whole area was full of cars, couldn't get on the motorway slip road as they were round the roundabout and it was like cat and mouse trying to get through whatever small space was left.
Looked at the local paper and all it said was a milk lorry shed its load early morning on the M62, so not the right area or time. There are roadworks further up as they made a real botch up job a few years ago of altering the lanes on the roundabout, with the result no one could get more than an inch a minute at rush hour, so they are 'remedying' it, but if it was that, why was it clear an hour or so later. Unless they sent the workmen home of course and the temporary lights got dumped in the river
Glad the sonic thing worked for my mother, if it doesn't work for you. Got dirty looks from her neighbours possibly because the cats couldn't use her garden as a toilet, I long to dump cat sh!t on someone's doorstep and walk away, and probably will one day, after all can you imagine the hoo ha if the girls went into someone's garden and did it
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2016, 03:29 PM
Steve said the ultrasonic signals for cats were useless and did more to annoy than prove a positive deterrent, I suggested it but as always with my suggestions they go by the board. I cannot win with him whatever I say but I shall have my day one of these days when I am ready to walk out of here. Have a good evening all.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >