Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-07-2006, 05:22 AM

Rain?

Storm clouds, strong winds and lightning last night...all be it briefly. No rain, however.
ZThis morning, at about 5:45, whist walking across the parkland near here I did feel a couple of spots of rain, but nothing has really come of it
I'm not hugely worried if it doesn;t rain, I like warm weather, but yesterday was a tad OTT...I was cutting tree branches off, and by 3pm, in spite of plenty to drink (warm water, bleurgh!) I had a corker of a headache...and when I came home I drank something in the region of 6 1/2 litres of fruit juice before bed to rehydrate.
It is a lot cooler this morning, however, with a fair ammount of cloud cover, so hopefully working conditions will be better Now all I have to hope for is that my neck stands up to it
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

20-07-2006, 05:33 AM
Thats what its been like for a few wks here G/B, plenty of storm clouds & thunder but no rain had a few drops on Tuesday but was dry as soon as it hit the floor

Yesterday was a scorcher & bright but today is back to overcast & dull, like a sauna, wish it would be 1 thing or t`other

Not nice to work in I know, hope you manage at work ok
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-07-2006, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by Christine
Thats what its been like for a few wks here G/B, plenty of storm clouds & thunder but no rain had a few drops on Tuesday but was dry as soon as it hit the floor

Yesterday was a scorcher & bright but today is back to overcast & dull, like a sauna, wish it would be 1 thing or t`other

Not nice to work in I know, hope you manage at work ok

I wanna be in Spain!
It's been so long (20 years!) since I've been there i can barely speak the lingo any more!
OTOH, I am going to Andorra (gods willing) in September, so I may get to revisit old haunts, Barcelona, Gerona, the police station in Vic........
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

20-07-2006, 05:47 AM
LOL @ G/B & I wanna be in the arctic right now

You`d soon change your mind, Gaz, honestly the weathers terrible hot n humid, no wind today, its yucky

You have fond memories of the police station in Vic, whats it like I`ve nver been meself

Not been to Andorra either but you`ll see a lot of changes I`m sure
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 05:53 AM
6.1/2 litres of fruit juice?????? Hope you work near a loo
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 06:42 AM
It has rained here at some point, but it's still boiling, and I have to go to the kennels soon!
Going to be boiling
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 06:46 AM
It rained here around 11pm last night, a good downpour too, but it certainly doesn't feel any cooler this morning
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 07:14 AM
We had two hours of thunder and lightning and torrential rain for most of the night but it's still hot and sticky
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 07:33 AM
It feels a tad cooler, there is a little breeze but I can feel the humidity. The Arctic sounds wonderful!!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Feels quite nice here after last night's storminess. Didn't hear any rain with the thunder and lightning, but must have rained since, and now it's all damp and cool in the garden
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >