Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Is there anyway you can change the font on Firefox? It's the only thing that stops me using it tbh!
What Krusewalker said

I am surprised that people are having probs with the font, Its aways been fine in firefox for me, a ton better than IE, was one of the reasons I changed. Are you sure its not the dodgy contact lenses you have been buying

While talking browsers, there were non-better that netscape navigator, shame is no longer made.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
The font is horrid, especially when using Google. I feel like I'm forever having to squint, it drives me nuts!
It really annoys me when these IT people think they are being so clever using weird fonts, and even worse IMO is when they set up a page with dark red fonts on a black background

There are some web sites where the layout, colours, and fonts are cr*p - what are these people doing

Even the Newfoundland Club web site (Which in all other respects is quite good) has the main tabs in black font on dark green background so until you've clicked and scrolled down to the page you want you can't read it Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 05:44 PM
So if I download Opera or Firefox, will I have to uninstall Internet Explorer, sorry I am a bit green on these sort of things and does this mean I will not be able to use Google are the two connected
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos View Post
So if I download Opera or Firefox, will I have to uninstall Internet Explorer, sorry I am a bit green on these sort of things and does this mean I will not be able to use Google are the two connected
No, I was green too til yesterday lol, I just made Firefox my default browser, but I can go back to IE if I wanted. May well try Opera too as it seems popular.
It's not that much different to use at all tbh, just obviously more secure.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Heck, I use Photobucket all the time, that is very scarey Thank goodness they didn't get your money Inca, what a relief for you.

Is there another site anyone can recommend to use to upload and store pics?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-12-2008, 07:12 PM
If you run windows update there is now a patch for the flaw in IE, just been put up.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
If you run windows update there is now a patch for the flaw in IE, just been put up.
Cheers, Stormey.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 08:29 PM
im just loading a vid on PB just now, so will look for the patch as soon as I have finished and load it thanks stormey
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2009, 12:09 AM
This is another of those rare occasions when I'm glad I use neither a PC nor IE!

Snorri
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6