View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Has photobucket sorted it out or is it still lurking? Was it only there on a certain day . Am I safe to use photobucket?
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Ohh I used my photobucket yesterday and had no problems come up in my antivirus scan! Lucky Nationwide were efficiant in blocking your accounts etc Inca.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Has photobucket sorted it out or is it still lurking? Was it only there on a certain day . Am I safe to use photobucket?

Don't know Fudgeley I am frightened tpo log backin, though apart from the virus warnings and the stuff adware found nothing untoward happened I checked with the bank and the last activity was me!! But I ave changed passwords just in case.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 04:20 PM
I am logged in at the moment.....I have it on my opening tab set up. I have not clicked anything though so I am hoping all is well.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 04:22 PM
am too scared to go on to be honest even though i have was protected.. Nationwide rang me again 10 mins ago to talk me through setting the accounts back up on-line but somehow i have lost faith and will go back to the old style banking called going to the branch LOL

its been a rubbish day setting up bills account saving account ISA credit card both boys accounts all stuff i have done on line had to be closed and reopened .....
hats off to nationwide though nothing was too much trouble they have been FAB
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
its been a rubbish day setting up bills account saving account ISA credit card both boys accounts all stuff i have done on line had to be closed and reopened .....
hats off to nationwide though nothing was too much trouble they have been FAB
This is the point, even if they don't manage to get some money out of your account you still have all the hassle of setting up new accounts, passwords etc. I think there is a lot to be said for the old way, go into a branch and do it over the counter
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 10:30 PM
This is so scary, my daughters bank account was emptied all except about £30 two weeks ago. She never even realised until she checked her statement all her savings and her current account gone. The bl@@dy sw*nes transfered all her savings into her current account and then transferred it to a Barclays account. The crafty sw*nes left just £30 in her account so as the bank wouldnt question why she was closing the account completely. She was gutted and so upset with christmas coming up. She contacted the bank straight away and they told her she would have to wait about 3-4 weeks before she will get her money back. But thank god it has now been paid into her account. I can't believe how many people I have spoken to and either friends or relatives of them have had the same thing happen to them. So it just makes me think that there is much more fraud with internet banking going on than we are led to believe. My daughter is one of the lucky ones as she has family behind her and we would have seen that she and her daughter were not going to go without at christmas, but what if she had no family behind her. How many poor people does this happen to who have no-one to turn too?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Have you reported this to Photobucket?

I don't think its photobucket as I haven't had any alerts when I've gone on there..
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-12-2008, 10:36 PM
No probs with photobucket here. Fwiw I have had a couple of other virus "try their luck" and my mate has been working overtime due to a few schools and collages having problems this past week.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 10:53 PM
my husband is a linux man. very rarely will he use windows because of the security issues.
think theres been 1 virus aimed at a linux system and that was sorted out quick enough.
and 1 its free. 2 even i can use it, so anyone can.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »