Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 10:27 AM

Be aware keylogger from photobucket

shut my laptop down last night along with an aray of high risk trojans , was browsing photobucket and a message came up on the account it saids 3 people hate you !!! then an anti-virus alert came up and the PC went off

anti-virus pcked it up but have been reading how dangerous these keyloggers are took hrs to get rid of and Mr Inca works with computers said it was the worst he had ever seen

I won't internet bank anymore my accounts are all blocked this morning ....scarey
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 10:34 AM
oh wow, thanks for telling us this. I dont use photobucket that often to upload photos, but I do use it to store photos and vids....
I will stick to image shack just now.

Do you know if photobucket will be doing something about it...
also can I ask,. whats a keylogger?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2008, 11:04 AM
I had that the other day I ignored them and didn't open them I will get Gorden to take a look if they are still there.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Ooooh nooooo

I had that too yesterday with photobucket, I didnt clickon the 3 people hate you thing, but today I keep getting messages to say there is a virus (and this is OHs PC ) what should I do?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
I won't internet bank anymore my accounts are all blocked this morning ....scarey
Are you saying this trojan somehow blocked your internet access to your bank accounts.

That is scary, I rely on my internet access to my bank, would hate to think I couldn't get into it.

I guess I'm lucky in that I haven't really used Photobucket yet 'cos I'm still trying to grasp the use of the camera but think I might delay using any photo bank anyway.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 01:21 PM
I DIDN;T OPEN THE MESSAGE SO BEWARE ...................... thats the scary bit I have just had to change all my accounts open new ones as i rang the nationwide at 2am to report it and they bloked the accounts BUT at 7-10 this morning a transaction was decline by them for a transfer they rang me at 10.30

a key logger is ment to get in your PC ( so am told ) and it records all the information like passwords and account numbers lucky my AV kicked in BUT somehow someone must have got something to contact the BS .........

the nationwide were fab allmy money is in holding untill my accounts are set up ( 24hrs ) and i will have not use internet banking again
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Ooooh nooooo

I had that too yesterday with photobucket, I didnt clickon the 3 people hate you thing, but today I keep getting messages to say there is a virus (and this is OHs PC ) what should I do?
Mine came up HIGH RISK and was flashing then the laptop turned itself off and restarted itself ....
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Ooooh nooooo

mr inca says turn it off till your OH comes in just to be sure
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks ran Adware and it found 92 critical things which it deleted. I looked at my banking last night but am scared to go look now. As it may still be lurking and it would give it a 2nd chance to get details. OH away to bring in his works laptop so I can change passwords.

So glad you got your sorted but that is very very scary
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 01:38 PM
ring your bank instead to check all is well they will advise you if there has been any activity .

I would not log in online
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »