View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Are you on Sky or cable tv? In which case it's as Becky says, the aeral lead goes into the sky box or the cable box (I don'tknow about cable tv coz we don't have that in our little quiet village!). If you're not, and you're on terrestrial, i.e. you have a big metal aeral on your roof, then there MUST be a hole at the back, the sides, underneath the telly where it says antenna in or aeral, big round hole. Maybe you've actually found it but aren't pushing hard enough coz sometimes they need a bit of heavy handed work! Let us know what's happening, I will turn my small kitchen one around for you coz that's got an aerial coz I've got a little magic eye on there from upstairs Sky box. Good luck. We're all behind you

She's going in.............
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Have googled it, but can't find a manual for it, so that is out, all I can think of is driving over to Curry's and asking them to show me where the aerial goes
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=Helena54;1465277]Are you on Sky or cable tv? In which case it's as Becky says, the aeral lead goes into the sky box or the cable box (I don'tknow about cable tv coz we don't have that in our little quiet village!). If you're not, and you're on terrestrial, i.e. you have a big metal aeral on your roof, then there MUST be a hole at the back, the sides, underneath the telly where it says antenna in or aeral, big round hole. Maybe you've actually found it but aren't pushing hard enough coz sometimes they need a bit of heavy handed work! Let us know what's happening, I will turn my small kitchen one around for you coz that's got an aerial coz I've got a little magic eye on there from upstairs Sky box. Good luck. We're all behind you

She's going in.............[/QUOTE]

image of H with spanner and hammer in hand glasses on end of nose, determined face Oh my!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Can you really stand a trip to Curry's on a Bank Holiday Saturday afternoon, with the WEEK-END staff!!!!!!!! Oh boy, you're braver than I thought!!!!! YOu know where they get the Saturday staff don'tcha???!!! I used to work in a greengrocers on a Saturday, but nowadays they all work in Curry's or PCWorld, or dare I say it Halfords!!!! Too risky!!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Not got sky or cable as am too poor I think it would be easier, at least there is a definite aerial shaped socket, there is nothing on here, honest, only thing I can think of is to go to Curry's and they are very nice there, loads better than PC World or the dreaded Halfords, if it was either of those I would go TV'less till son available, but even then I am rubbish at understanding things on the phone that are technical
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Don't do it!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine their smug little faces as they stand chatting round the store ignoring customers...

'You'll never believe this one Steve, we just had this mad woman in, couldn't even find where the aerial went into her tv! I'm sure she had that hassled look about her, the same as that woman Tim had in at PCWorld, you know, the one who couldn't plug her laptop into the right sort of electricity!'

Don't do it!

If you really have to ask a professionsl, I'd find one of those rare, little tv shops where they are friendly and only too happy to help.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Have you looked underneath?, one of ours has flap covering our aerial socket which clips off.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-08-2008, 01:17 PM
can you phone your son?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Have googled it, but can't find a manual for it, so that is out, all I can think of is driving over to Curry's and asking them to show me where the aerial goes
what is the make and model?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2008, 01:18 PM
First question my friends OH' asked me, been there, no flap (except me, I'm flapping) OMG well there is no other choice, will have to go over to Curry's, have ransacked my bedroom for book, because originally it was up there, but it is a very big screen and it is brill because I can plug my headphones in so I can hear the telly but people in the room can also hear the telly, unlike my old one,and it has freeview, so brought it down and am bloody sure I brought the instruction book down, but then maybe not. Can find instruction books for things I no longer have, but no this one is hiding, my bedroom is like a flaming disaster area now.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »