View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2008, 10:24 AM

Help-i've Knocked The Tv Aerial Out

Just been tidying up and somehow I have knocked the aerial out of its socket in the tv, went round the back of it and for the life of me can't find where it goes!!! It is a fairly new flat screen goodmans, and nothing seems to be labelled, well apart from PC input and the like (which I really don't need to know about) nothing is labelled 'aerial' and nothing is 'aerial shaped' either. Son installed it and he is away at a festival so am stuck rather. Anyone know anything or can help - PLEASE
DanishPastry
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2008, 10:39 AM
deleted......................................
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-08-2008, 10:44 AM
there must be a socket that fits the aerial?
trial and error usually works
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 10:51 AM
yea trial and error. sometimes they are on the side towards the back

Son gone to Cremefields?. . . .mine too although we only live round the corner from the venue so still handy for emergencies.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Should be on the back somewhere try googling the model number which should be on a sticker on the back so eg Goodmans GLCD17W2TV and aerial and you should be able to get an online copy of the set up manual which will show you where to connect aerial too. Good luck
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Are you sure you've knocked it out of the tv?
If you have sky or the like the aerial goes into the sky box and then a scart takes it to the tv?

You wait til H finds this thread!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2008, 12:05 PM
mmm have been trying trial and error and nothing happening, son at Leeds so won't even answer his phone probably (may not even hear it ). Will have to turn house upside down looking for the book I think, JUST when I have tidied up ready for Kachinas and her mob to descend on me, luckily she hasn't even left yet as has her own emergencies at her end
Will let you all know. Would H be a TV Aerial expert d'ya think
Haven't got Sky, am too poor
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
mmm have been trying trial and error and nothing happening, son at Leeds so won't even answer his phone probably (may not even hear it ). Will have to turn house upside down looking for the book I think, JUST when I have tidied up ready for Kachinas and her mob to descend on me, luckily she hasn't even left yet as has her own emergencies at her end
Will let you all know. Would H be a TV Aerial expert d'ya think
Haven't got Sky, am too poor
H,the seer, the oracle, the scryer, yea she would probs know, and if not she will bloody well find out for you pm her
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2008, 12:52 PM

have just had my friends OH on the phone for half an hour and he can't work it out either, had the house upside down and can't find manual either, kachinas text to say on her way....aggghhhhh will calm down now and google the number on the back like everyone says
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
H,the seer, the oracle, the scryer, yea she would probs know, and if not she will bloody well find out for you pm her
I was thinking more in the way that H will crack up reading this after we were all wishing we had piccies of her climbing over the fence in her pink pjs!

Perhaps Kachinas can get some pics of this senior moment for us!

Have you googled the tv to get the instructions?
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »