View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Someone asks why are they different colours, they might not know dalmations come in different colours and seems from what you are saying they are just showing an interest so why the need to say something sarcastic?
Why the need to be rude to me about this post when it's supposed to be light hearted?? If you don't like it, ignore it. By the way, you've spelled Dalmatian wrong too.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Someone asks why are they different colours, they might not know dalmations come in different colours
I agree Stormey I have been asked all sorts of odd questions over the years often about my 'Bedlingtons' but I don't mind in the least, I have been privileged to own and learn about my breed and I am happy to pass that information on to others.

Because this is a dog site and many here are 'dog literate' it is easy to assume everyone is the same. I guess a lot of people think Dallies only come in black and white.

I know nothing at all about football, when talking to someone who is knowledgeable about the subject I would be in danger of asking what could be seen by some as 'silly questions'. I hope if I find myself in that situation when discussing any topic I won't be rebuffed with a 'smart' answer .
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Someone asks why are they different colours, they might not know dalmations come in different colours and seems from what you are saying they are just showing an interest so why the need to say something sarcastic?
I agree.

Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Why the need to be rude to me about this post when it's supposed to be light hearted?? If you don't like it, ignore it. By the way, you've spelled Dalmatian wrong too.
I honestly don't think Stormey was being rude. It's just that if you had of made some other comment, it could easily have been construed as sarcasm and the person you were talking to might genuinely be taking an interest in something he didn't know about. Perhaps they were just passing the time of day and being friendly.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Why do some have brown spots then?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I agree Stormey I have been asked all sorts of odd questions over the years often about my 'Bedlingtons' but I don't mind in the least, I have been privileged to own and learn about my breed and I am happy to pass that information on to others.

Because this is a dog site and many here are 'dog literate' it is easy to assume everyone is the same. I guess a lot of people think Dallies only come in black and white.

I know nothing at all about football, when talking to someone who is knowledgeable about the subject I would be in danger of asking what could be seen by some as 'silly questions'. I hope if I find myself in that situation when discussing any topic I won't be rebuffed with a 'smart' answer .
There is no daft questions about football, just daft rules and players.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

21-04-2008, 08:53 AM
I am with Stormey and Mini on this.

No matter how stupid the question, and with my breed there have been a lot of really stupid ones, I always try to answer it to the best of my ability , albeit sometimes, if it is so stupid - trying to hide my amusement- as I think if someone is seeking information you should be prepared to try and enlighten them ,otherwise how will they learn. As Mini says there are a lot of things in life that we don't know and tt is my belief that the only way to find oiut is to ask and hope that someone will be kind enough to provide an answer.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 09:00 AM
I have lot's of people ask if the boxer's are pitbull's and even when told they say I'm wrong, maybe in Gill's case ou would have had to be there to feel the situation.
If someone had of said "oh I didn't know they came in these colour's" maybe if the question felt genuine she wouldn't feel the need to be sarcastic.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 09:03 AM
no, seriously...
I mean - is it a varioation or a separate strain or what? Or do they just pop up in a litter like long-coated GSD`s do sometimes?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2