Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
'Twasn't just the ink consumption/price that put me off HP - the little motor that operates the paper feed packed in before the printer was 3 months old!

The HP replaced an Epson SC740 which was s/h, but had worked perfectly until a dog ran over it ( ). It was never quite the same after that, even when I had it fixed.

The end result is that I trust Epson (the dog incident was not their fault!) and I don't trust HP (although their brown sauce is OK).

Snorri
heh, heh, try the brown sauce to clean the print-heads ( I'M ONLY JOKING ) have you seen what it does to a dirty coin !!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
the reason they're telling you to soak them is that the carts will draw the water up through the print-heads. i think it's a cop-out on their part, they should have sealed the print-heads with cling wrap or cellophane to stop them drying out. explain this to them, and ask for a refund !!
Thanks Denis - I have asked for a refund of the whole order - it came to £48.......
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
heh, heh, try the brown sauce to clean the print-heads ( I'M ONLY JOKING ) have you seen what it does to a dirty coin !!
BANG! and Barry Scott is GONE!

Snorri
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
BANG! and Barry Scott is GONE!

Snorri
Step away from the shotgun, Snorri, STEP AWAY!

wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Think you're completely justified in asking for a full refund. I also think they're 'solution' is a cop out.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks J - I'm going to return the whole lot. The problem is, the cartridges are just put into boxes, loose, with no wrapping around them at all.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-06-2007, 03:23 PM
there you go vicki, printed on plain paper this morning, with a HP1220c deskjet. the printer has'nt been used for a year, the cartridges were all dried out and i refilled them and let them soak for 3 days.
you CAN do it, and save yourself a fortune !!

as i said before, this printer prints A3 size photos, that's why i don't use it a lot, unless i've taken a pic i really like and want to frame it.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5