Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Well, the HP one works (it was £15.99, so not as bad as I thought) so IJT are in for a rocket. Mind you, I've had them for over a year - maybe that's the problem.
I shall try refilling the HP ones when the time comes - thanks for all the tips Denis, and thanks to everyone for their invaluable advice xox
Glad you got sorted. If the IJT cartridges were sealed,they should have been ok. I'd certainly take it up with them. HP are generally the printers that act up the most with non HP cartridges in my experience! Glad it wasn't as expensive as you thought.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Well, the HP one works (it was £15.99, so not as bad as I thought) so IJT are in for a rocket. Mind you, I've had them for over a year - maybe that's the problem.
I shall try refilling the HP ones when the time comes - thanks for all the tips Denis, and thanks to everyone for their invaluable advice xox
AH ! there's the answer, they've dried out. there's a solution to that one as well, inject distilled water ( only about 4 mls ) into cartridge. let it soak for a few hours, then away you go again.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Glad you got sorted. If the IJT cartridges were sealed,they should have been ok. I'd certainly take it up with them. HP are generally the printers that act up the most with non HP cartridges in my experience! Glad it wasn't as expensive as you thought.
Trouble is, the IJT ones were NOT sealed. Just in a cardboard box, but no other packaging.

Originally Posted by nero View Post
AH ! there's the answer, they've dried out. there's a solution to that one as well, inject distilled water ( only about 4 mls ) into cartridge. let it soak for a few hours, then away you go again.
Let's see what IJT have to say - it they refuse a refund, then I'll follow your advice, Denis - thank you!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Trouble is, the IJT ones were NOT sealed. Just in a cardboard box, but no other packaging.

Hmmm...probably have dried out as Denis says then.

Let's see what IJT have to say - it they refuse a refund, then I'll follow your advice, Denis - thank you!
I'd certainly go back to them and see what they say.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2007, 03:13 PM
good grief !! you've got me at it now !! i've got two HP printers. an HP PSC 1317, and a DJ 1220C. i always use the 1317 for every day use, it's OK. the 1220C is a monster, it prints A3 size photos. i've never used it for 10 months, so i switched it on, the carts are dry !!! i injected some water in and it's OK, thanks for the thread, at least i've brushed the cobwebs off it and it's going well
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2007, 03:41 PM
I used to use an HP printer (can't remember the model), but it gave me so many problems - not just with ink - that I finally installed it in the local skip, which, IMO, was the best place for it.

Replaced it with an Epson D78, but I haven't been able to instal it yet. At only £39.99, it was quite reasonable when compared with the price of HP cartridges. (Play.com)

I've decided never to let an HP machine into the house again.

Snorri
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
I used to use an HP printer (can't remember the model), but it gave me so many problems - not just with ink - that I finally installed it in the local skip, which, IMO, was the best place for it.

Replaced it with an Epson D78, but I haven't been able to instal it yet. At only £39.99, it was quite reasonable when compared with the price of HP cartridges. (Play.com)

I've decided never to let an HP machine into the house again.

Snorri
printer manufacturers don't make a lot of cash out of the printers, it's the cartridges they make a killing on !!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 04:47 PM
.... as well I know. Mind you, if they're only £15.99 for black and (currently, with offer) £14.99 for colour, and the black one lasts me over a year, then I don't mind so much. It's not a huge amount of money for a woman who would spend £500 on a handbag, now is it ?
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
printer manufacturers don't make a lot of cash out of the printers, it's the cartridges they make a killing on !!
Yuhp! In fact, it's cheaper just to buy a new printer when you run out of ink - and doing that will keep you abreast of any new developments! All I ask of a printer now is that it will print, and be Mac-compatible!

Snorri
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2007, 05:26 PM
.... as well I know. Mind you, if they're only £15.99 for black and (currently, with offer) £14.99 for colour, and the black one lasts me over a year, then I don't mind so much. It's not a huge amount of money for a woman who would spend £500 on a handbag, now is it ?
LOL, exactly what I was thinking when you were balking at £30.00 for a cartridge but thought I'd better not say anything.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >