Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 04:46 PM

Printer help please

Hi guys,
I bought some non-HP cartridges for my HP Photosmart 2575 printer and can't get them to work properly.

I've changed the black and white one and the first replacement didn't work at all.

The second one I put in tries to print, but only manages about every other line properly, the rest is too faint to read.

I've not needed to use the colour ones yet.

I use IJT for my cartridges and had no problems with cartridges for my old printer (HP 895c).

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-06-2007, 05:05 PM
use the " clean printhead utility " . if that does'nt work, look at the printhead on the cartridge, you'll see two faint lines on the silver head, take a piece of SOFT dry toilet paper, and holding the cartridge with the printhead down, gently stoke the cartridge print head in the same direction that the lines go. be carefull not to touch the head with your bare fingers, or the matrix connectors on the back of the cartridge, oil will come off your skin and contaminate the cartridge .
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks Denis, I'm trying that now....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Unfortunately, that didn't work.....

Any other suggestions please?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Unfortunately, that didn't work.....

Any other suggestions please?
when you were wiping the printhead did you get any traces of ink on the tissue ? if not, squeeze the sides of cartridge firmly with your thumb & fingers for a few seconds, remember to place a tissue under the print-head when doing this, as ink could flow from the cartridge. repeat this until you do see ink. then wipe the head with tissue until you see 2 lines of ink on tissue.
PS: dont fit cartridge in printer if the heads dripping with ink, wipe it as before then install.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 06:52 PM
I did see ink on the tissue. The HP manual suggested gently wiping the print head with a cotton bud dampened with filtered water. I did this and then dried it with a clean soft tissue. I've just given it another wipe and I've got a nice black ink stripe down the tissue. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong........ or why it won't print all the lines of text it's given
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 06:58 PM
I have this problem with my Epson printer, I bought compatible cartridges but have to print every document as best photo, or I get half printed lines.

So by doing this I'm using double the amount of ink, so false economy In future I'll stick to Original cartridges for this printer.

Although my little Epson PictureMate 100 uses compatibles with no problems
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I did see ink on the tissue. The HP manual suggested gently wiping the print head with a cotton bud dampened with filtered water. I did this and then dried it with a clean soft tissue. I've just given it another wipe and I've got a nice black ink stripe down the tissue. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong........ or why it won't print all the lines of text it's given
i know the printer model well, are you getting missing lines in your printout? if so just keep repeating the priming procedure, cos that's what you're doing when you squeeze and wipe.

PS: you'll probably have to do the same with colour one as well, only this time you'll get red,blue, yellow lines on tissue.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
I have this problem with my Epson printer, I bought compatible cartridges but have to print every document as best photo, or I get half printed lines.

So by doing this I'm using double the amount of ink, so false economy In future I'll stick to Original cartridges for this printer.

Although my little Epson PictureMate 100 uses compatibles with no problems
refill your carts yourself, it's dead easy, you get kits from tesco's with full instrutions. save a fortune
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-06-2007, 07:12 PM
go to the hp web site there is an up date

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF05a/--.html

and if you do a registary clean up you proberly have to install it again
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »