Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by patterlands View Post
yeah that sound right laura,he may put windows 98 on and some more ram.160 sounds about right too.
That's what he said, he said 160 would be the minimum I would pay though, depending on the state the computer is in. But it has to be cheaper than buying a new computer the equivilent to what this one is?
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 02:26 PM
yeah should be cheaper,but you could get a new compuet for 300 pounds so i wouldnt go to far over the 160 mark -

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/c...categoryId=568
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 02:40 PM
He's just been and said my computer was of the higher spec standard.
If this makes sense to anyone he's quoted me for MATX Motherboard, With on-board graphics,sound,network,raid etc. Processor AMD Athlon64 3500+ Socket AMD3
1Gb DDR2 SDram
480Watt SATA ready power supply. All that for 221 pounds.
Now all that could be sanskrit for 'you havent got a clue so Im going to over charge'.
What do you think?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Sounds ok, the graphics aint brilliant but if you're not playing high end games should be fine, the memory is good, as is the psu, you may also need to re-buy xp as microsoft are funny about using on a pc where a new motherboard is fitted. I will have a look in my local pc place where i get all my upgrades and parts from, as i need to go down for a new psu for my old pc before i can sell it.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Sounds ok, the graphics aint brilliant but if you're not playing high end games should be fine, the memory is good, as is the psu, you may also need to re-buy xp as microsoft are funny about using on a pc where a new motherboard is fitted. I will have a look in my local pc place where i get all my upgrades and parts from, as i need to go down for a new psu for my old pc before i can sell it.
Thanks Phill, yes he did mention if I played games on here it wouldnt be so good, but I dont so thats okay. Ive got an old XP Professional disc that I used to install that version as I used to have Windows 96.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2007, 02:52 PM
The pc would handle vista and you could get an oem version for quite cheap, so it maybe worth looking to upgrade there aswell. the place i use is www.aria.co.uk as there are based near me, so i can look on there for you to see if the you are getting a good deal.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I'd appreciate that thanks Phill
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
I'd appreciate that thanks Phill
Not problem, did you manage to use that ccleaner i mentioned. I use it on mine every week or two and it sorts out a lot of registry problems and they are often the cause of a lot of pc problems.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Not problem, did you manage to use that ccleaner i mentioned. I use it on mine every week or two and it sorts out a lot of registry problems and they are often the cause of a lot of pc problems.
I didnt to be honest as I half expected to be getting a new computer. Do you have a link to get it?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
I didnt to be honest as I half expected to be getting a new computer. Do you have a link to get it?
www.ccleaner.com

it may not sort all the problems but may get it runnin ok untill you can get an new one.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >