View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks again Roy. I took it back to the shop this morning, and luckily there was another man in the shop too who told me that if I had AOL then it was virtually impossible to have done this particular modem/router as AOL would not have let it be configured or whatever the word is!! He said he could quite understand what we had been going through as he had tried one himself through AOL. Thanks to him, the young man said he didn't know that, and promptly credited my card. He said the best route for me, was to actually go through aol and they would send me a router with a disc and it would be relatively easy! I will letyou know on that one when I've ordered one, but for the time being we're back to how we were, which I'm happy with!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Got your refund ok - which is good!! How was the hair today ?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Haven't been today Tracy, I meant I would have to go and see Aaron coz I had pulled all my hair out! Lol! Thanks for reminding me though, I'm off to book for next week now!
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I know I'm a pain, but I just went out and bought a new router so Dave can go wireless on his laptop. The young man (phwoooooaaar!) inthe shop recommended the Sweex 140 nitro XM to me and was very, very helpful and said all I needed to do is put the wire going from the ASDL model to the pc, put it to the new router, and the wire from the new router onto the pc and away I go. I have a disk with it too of course. He said they have sold 100's of this type and never had one back, whereas the Belko's he had fitted both caught fire within a week!!! and yet this was CHEAP, only £38.99??? Very cheap I thought!

I want to have a go and do it myself as Dave has gone off to Dorset today for an engine, and I'm much better doing stuff like this on my own, but just wanted to ask you please if this is all that I do with it, what this man told me? Is itreally as simple as that then??? Thanks guys.

OMG, we bought one of those 2 weeks ago... I hope they have revised this issue as I've noticed ours gets a tad hot Sorry to go off topic, but that has worried me a tad...

Helena, glad to see you are getting sorted its a pity the bloke in the shop didn't tell you this beforehand...

(we were sold one that wasn't compatible with our system too)
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass View Post
OMG, we bought one of those 2 weeks ago... I hope they have revised this issue as I've noticed ours gets a tad hot Sorry to go off topic, but that has worried me a tad...

Helena, glad to see you are getting sorted its a pity the bloke in the shop didn't tell you this beforehand...

(we were sold one that wasn't compatible with our system too)
I don't think they should get hot - mine which is a Belkin is just slightly warm
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I don't think they should get hot - mine which is a Belkin is just slightly warm
I knew you had the same model as me Foxy, as we had the same network setup helper

I've just felt it, and it is warm rather than hot, but still a bit worrying.. I suppose if it was going to catch fire, it would have done so by now since its never been turned off in a fortnight..
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 11:12 AM
I knew you had the same model as me Foxy, as we had the same network setup helper

I've just felt it, and it is warm rather than hot, but still a bit worrying.. I suppose if it was going to catch fire, it would have done so by now since its never been turned off in a fortnight..
Oh does Helen mean a Belkin not a Belko? I have had mine over a year now and I am really pleased with it but I can't say that it ever gets hot -just ever so slightly warm. I never turn mine off either - its been on ever since I got it in August last year.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Oh does Helen mean a Belkin not a Belko? I have had mine over a year now and I am really pleased with it but I can't say that it ever gets hot -just ever so slightly warm. I never turn mine off either - its been on ever since I got it in August last year.
I'd mis-read it, sorry.. I thought it said Belkin
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 11:25 AM
I'd mis-read it, sorry.. I thought it said Belkin
No knowing Helen she probably did mean Belkin and put Belko - I have never heard of Belko - I meant to ask her at the time when the man told her they were rubbish because I quite like things made by Belkin.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5