View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Did you get it from PC World Helen? Just wondering if you can take it back and change it for a better and simpler one

You were too busy weighing up that gorgeous assistant wern't you
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Shhhhhhh, Dave hasn't read the first page of this!!!!! I'm just going to retrieve the box from the recycle bin, good job I've decided today coz the bin men come tomorrow!! I'm taking it back first thingin the morning. I got it from a local pc shop where they are usually very very good, and helpful. I might print out a copy of that page too and take it back with the router and explain exactly why I want my money back!! He might not be so nice tomorrow hey!!?? He can kiss my a**!!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 04:40 PM
I got my wireless router from BT It's the BT Voyager 2091 i think it cost about £40 and i got a step by step cd with it It was so easy to set up x
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Have you tried Start->Run->CMD

Then type in:

IPCONFIG /ALL

What IP address does it show ?
Do you get one like 10.0.0.3 ?

If not, type in:

IPCONFIG /RELEASE

followed by:

IPCONFIG /RENEW

Then try

IPCONFIG /ALL

again and see if you get one like 10.0.0.3
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks Roy, but it's back in it's box now!!! That was a nightmare in itself, I would hate to be a packer at Sweex! I can't thank you enough for all your help, but I've had enough of it now. I did all that in the Bios yesterday, even that didn't work Typed in the CMD etc. etc. etc. it showed nothing like you're saying. I think I got a duff here!

Thanks justlou, BT it will be!! aol said they would send me a disc to install it if I went the BT route anyway, and I'm on BT with the phone, so all should run smoothly.

Episode 11, might be next week then! Lol!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2006, 06:03 PM
It's a shame you got no one close by that could help you

sorry that your giving up on it so soon we would of got you thier in the end
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 06:19 PM
No joy then ?? bet that frustrated the pants off you!! I hate them router's we had one for approx 1 month and i took it off as it slowed my pc down everytime daughter was on hers !!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by royv View Post
Have you tried Start->Run->CMD

Then type in:

IPCONFIG /ALL

What IP address does it show ?
Do you get one like 10.0.0.3 ?

If not, type in:

IPCONFIG /RELEASE

followed by:

IPCONFIG /RENEW

Then try

IPCONFIG /ALL

again and see if you get one like 10.0.0.3
This is where I started my nightmare yesterday roy, when doing what the manual said, but every single time I typed in what it said, absolutely nothing came up next to it, just kept repeating itself, we must have tried it 50 times!!!! It showed me nothing whatsoever, let alone what t should have showed me according to the picture on the handbook! Grrrrrrrrrr. That's why I thought I'd try the other way, i.e. as you and Ceiron told me, but again, it wouldn't work for me.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
No joy then ?? bet that frustrated the pants off you!! I hate them router's we had one for approx 1 month and i took it off as it slowed my pc down everytime daughter was on hers !!
Yes, Tracy, frustrating to say the least, in fact, I'm off to see Aaron tomorrow for some hair replacements!!!!!
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
This is where I started my nightmare yesterday roy, when doing what the manual said, but every single time I typed in what it said, absolutely nothing came up next to it, just kept repeating itself, we must have tried it 50 times!!!! It showed me nothing whatsoever, let alone what t should have showed me according to the picture on the handbook! Grrrrrrrrrr. That's why I thought I'd try the other way, i.e. as you and Ceiron told me, but again, it wouldn't work for me.
But wasn't that before you used the ethernet cable ????

Basically, your PC needs to be set up to accept an IP address (and other settings) from your new router/modem. These settings will only work if the pre-existing IP address is in the same range - ie one starting with 10.0.0.x

By releasing and renewing the IP address, it should be able to get an IP address from the new router/modem and once it's got that, you should be able to get to the configuration screens at http://10.0.0.2

If the PC was previously set up with a fixed IP address, it would have been possible to change the settings so that it could get one from the new router/modem.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >