View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks roy. I just tried that but it comes up with Error 500, internal server error whatever that means!

Tomorrow morning I will try typing in the DOS what you suggest and see what happens.

What is this IP address then please??? Don't understand what that is even!

Just noticed in thepackaging there's a couple of wires he hasn't used either. On he says is a telephone wire, which we already had to connect to the modem/router. the other wire has ends (both the same) as the end of the telephone wire? We have put the other wire (new one) from the modem/router to the pc in the only place it fits too being the ethernet? Personally, I just don't understand why the pc doesn't recognise that we have connected something different up which it normally does? Should it have done and let us know or asked something? The manual that came with it is pretty useless I must say, and I've been on their website and copied the PDF manual, but it's just as useless and in fact is the same as the little booklet.
Here's what we got:
http://www.sweex.com/producten.php?s...l=427&detail=d

ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

30-09-2006, 08:06 PM
ok just read the manual

ok then.lol

its useless

think i know what needs to be done though.

network settings on the pc need to be set, the old modem uninstalled usually helps and then need to logon on to the router setup menu and configure it for your isp.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Ceiron! Well, the nightmare began when we realised the cable from my old AOL modem was a USB cable, so had to rush back to the shop before he shut to change it for what you have in fact suggested, a wireless modem/router, cost another £10, but he said, just putthe phone cable in one end and the other cable to the pc and away we go!!! NOT"!!!!! Just spent the last 2 hours trying to configure it. Managed to get where the manual said and did some "stuff" but when we went into the RUN and typed in what they said, pressed enter, got the black/white screen, every time I typed in Ipconfig nothing else appeared each time like it should have, spent another hour in there i think!!!! I carried on doing the ipconfig/release bit etc. etc. but still nothing else happened? Any ideas on that one then please? My two little arrows down in the system tray were always red too,never green like they are now that I'm back on the old ADSL modem I started off with! Lol! I hate pc's!!! Can you come over and do it for me then Ceiron, obviously we'll pay???? Our pc man is busy, busy busy at the moment and he said it's a complete nightmare anyway and that's why he originally told Dave to get an AOL wireless router, but I didn't did I!!!
I hate these things! I only like Dogsey, I don't like doing other stuff on here it drives me insane!!!
Awww its a shame you didn't get the Belkin one Helen - they have got everything in you need and they are good and really easy to set up - I could have helped you then.

This is the one I have I think

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron View Post
ok just read the manual

ok then.lol

its useless

think i know what needs to be done though.

network settings on the pc need to be set, the old modem uninstalled usually helps and then need to logon on to the router setup menu and configure it for your isp.
The thing is Ceiron, the disk that came with it, comes as pictures, i.e. I put it in, up comes the window "what do you want to open this with" and it's on Kodak Easyshare so I clickon that, and it's pages and pages of "stuff" which I haven't even looked at yet, but Dave said it should be a disk with a driver or software on it, not what we've got? I don't want to start uninstalling my model when I'm on AOL and you know what they're like! Lol! I might never be in here again, and I just couldn't take that!!!

Oh dear Foxy, so do I mate!!!
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

30-09-2006, 08:15 PM
no its an ethernet modem so has no drivers
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 08:15 PM
If the pc doesn't recognise it, then how can I find a menu for this c*ap then? Lol! Surely there should be some sort of software with it, on a disk or something. Maybe I should put that disk in again and take a closer look, but it's all pages and pages of stuff if ya know what I mean, all set out in pictures in my Kodak picture software?
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

30-09-2006, 08:17 PM
nope

you plug in the ethernet cable and turn the modem on

you then go to internet explorer and type in 10.0.0.2 into the address bar and use admin as login name and epicrouter as password
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
What is this IP address then please??? Don't understand what that is even!
Looking at the manual, the default IP address is 10.0.0.2

So in a browser, you need to type:

http://10.0.0.2

in the address line in order to get to the router/modem in order to configure it.

The default user name is: admin and the password is: epicrouter.

In order to configure it, you need your ISP details - username, password etc.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Well a massive, "thankyou" to you Ceiron and Roy, and tomorrow morning, crack of dawn, I will be playing around with this then. I didn't know any of what you've just told me, shows how much (little!) I know about this sort of thing I will also make a note of my current details with AOL before I lose them - perhaps!! I might just do it, you never know!

Can't thank you enough for your time and trouble!
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron View Post
nope

you plug in the ethernet cable and turn the modem on

you then go to internet explorer and type in 10.0.0.2 into the address bar and use admin as login name and epicrouter as password
Oh 'eck...I had one of these...
Um...for about three hours.
It was ghastly...the admin and epicrouter passwords had been changed when the firemware had been updated, but mention of this was not made in the manual or online.
The setup protocol that was *preset* for BT actually wasn't, and kept trying to connect to NTL.
The firmware upgrade to remedy this locked me out of all but the lowest level of access again...
It is now being used to prop up the electic cable storage bin, and I have a BT wireless router/modem.
Let me know how it goes...hopefully Ceiron will have more luck at untangling the tangled web...
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >