View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 07:39 AM

Urgent Help required -Virus on my computer.

I turned on my computer this morning and got an email from someone I know so I opened it. It wasn't a very nice email and showing a girl saying kiss my **** which I thought was a bit weird really. It said check out my website so thinking it was from this person I did and now I have got a virus and it says someone with the address 227.4.167.118 has gained control over my computer. PLEASE HELP I'm terrified. I am on my laptop now. It made my wandadoo home page go blank. I did a system restore back to the first of April and am now doing an antivirus scan - is there anything else I can do.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

30-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Oh thats my worst nightmare Foxy cos I wouldn`t know what to do

But I think you do anti virus scan & your av then picks the virus up & gives you instructions what to do

Someone`ll be along soon to help you out
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2006, 07:54 AM
here foxy that will help you are you sure it did have a virus or was it the kiss

http://www.abuse.net/
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by Fred
here foxy that will help you are you sure it did have a virus or was it the kiss

http://www.abuse.net/

Thanks Fred but that website is just about reporting them isn't it - it won't get rid of my virus which is the main thing I want to do right now

It said If I had any credit card details on my computer that this person would get them - I am really scared cos I don't know whether I have or not because I have used my card to pay my catalogue and to order a game for my son and I don't know whether my computer will have stored them or not
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Thanks Fred but that website is just about reporting them isn't it - it won't get rid of my virus which is the main thing I want to do right now

It said If I had any credit card details on my computer that this person would get them - I am really scared cos I don't know whether I have or not because I have used my card to pay my catalogue and to order a game for my son and I don't know whether my computer will have stored them or not
proberly has done if i was you disconect from the net you have more than one computer then clean it up make sure you have no virus then connect up again if you have anything on your computer you maybe open for that ip address to see it as long as you are connected to the net i will send you a programe you can close that ip address http://www.download.com/Active-Ports...-10121832.html
with that you can see if that ip address is doing anything and close it as long as that ip address is loged on to your computer it can do what it whants to ok
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2006, 08:44 AM
I use Panda active scan, it's good.

www.pandasoftware.co.uk

you need to download a small file and this checks your computer, (disconnect your computer from internet while it scans your computer) it finds all sorts of viruses and spyware, it found 40 problems on mine, and I use zonealarm and AVG!

Hope this helps.

Ian
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks Ian - I am currently doing an Ewido anti-malware scan and it has found 121 infected objects so far

My computer seems to be working okay but I don't know whether there is any damage that I can't see or that the ewido won't pick up. I did the Norton Scan and that picked nothing up at all.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Fred
proberly has done if i was you disconect from the net you have more than one computer then clean it up make sure you have no virus then connect up again if you have anything on your computer you maybe open for that ip address to see it as long as you are connected to the net i will send you a programe you can close that ip address http://www.download.com/Active-Ports...-10121832.html
with that you can see if that ip address is doing anything and close it as long as that ip address is loged on to your computer it can do what it whants to ok
Thanks Fred for that - I have just run it and the ip address is not showing - do you think that I am safe now or not? I have ran the Ewido programme and it found 125 infections which had now been deleted so do you think it is safe to say that it has gone now or not?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2006, 09:36 AM
i have posted another thread but the person foxy is talking about is me.
upto now the software we have say no virus found but i will be scanning with other software as well.
i had nothing to do with this, people who understand pc will knowthat it does not have to be sent from my system,it could come from anywhere some one has got my e mail and sent this mail to some in my address book as it failed to others hence the other thread.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by leo
i have posted another thread but the person foxy is talking about is me.
upto now the software we have say no virus found but i will be scanning with other software as well.
i had nothing to do with this, people who understand pc will knowthat it does not have to be sent from my system,it could come from anywhere some one has got my e mail and sent this mail to some in my address book as it failed to others hence the other thread.

Look Marie, I never named you - you did this yourself - I could hardly tell people it was from someone I didnt know because they would have said thats your own fault then because I know not to open emails from people I don't know. I just never realised that a virus could come from someone I did know thats all I did tell you that I realised it wasn't your fault if you actually bothered to read my pm I paniced and just wanted to get it off as soon as possible because as you know I am not clued up in computers like you and Mark are so haven't the foggiest what to do

Like you said above PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND PC'S WILL KNOW THAT IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE SENT FROM MY SYSTEM - well you know I don't know much about Pcs so why have a go at me for it then?
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »