Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 07:42 PM

More help please

Following Fred’s advice I have bought a U.S.Robotics ADSL Gateway, the Model is 9160. I need advice on setting it up if anyone can help.

Can manage to set up the network side ok but when it comes to the broadband connection it is asking for information I do not understand, it requests – VIP, VCI and protocol which I think I understand & know but it also asks for Modulation, Authentication and Encapsulation choices which are offered in drop down menus but I don’t know what to select.

Help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Jackie at the bottom of the router it the type and ser nr ? can you writ it down please all nr`s and names what are on the bottom can`t find that particular one on the net ?

this model ?9106 http://www.usr.co.nz/support.htm

click on this ( Easy configurator guide )and load it down
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks Fred, bear with me, I have just cooked myself an omlet and as soon as I have eaten it I will look at the bottom of my gateway and let you know.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2005, 08:11 PM
it is very easy really not so complicated as it sounds all you have to do is to connect your computer to it plug in the telephone line put the cd in and setup easy connect you have to put in the details which you have from your provider IP submask and maybe Primary DNS and secondary DNS it will set itself up and connect you to the internet very important all firewalls dactivate them if it it will test your connection and connect you it should not ask for anthing just fill out the first page

this site is better for you http://www.usr-emea.com/support/s-pr...unkg&prod=9106
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Some of the settings may be ISP dependent - which one are you with ?
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2005, 08:23 PM
you should have this file on your CD 9106-EC-2.38.zip it is the setup it does it fully automatic you just have to put in the details from your provider it will set up the firewall and all it needs to connect to the net ( the other you can change later if necessary )
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Ah, but it doesn't Fred, it asks for the infomation I listed above. The S/N is 2DAH23MF0029 and I am on AOL. I have the VPI, VCI and Protocol it is the rest that is causing me a problem.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-11-2005, 08:46 PM
These are the 'usual' settings in the UK

VPI = 0, VCI = 38
ADSL Modulation Auto, then try G.DMT, then try ANSI T1.413
Encapsulation Mode PPP over ATM (PPPoA - RFC2364) VC-MUX
Authentication CHAP
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Ah, but it doesn't Fred, it asks for the infomation I listed above. The S/N is 2DAH23MF0029 and I am on AOL. I have the VPI, VCI and Protocol it is the rest that is causing me a problem.
http://www.usr.com/support/9106/9106-ug/index.htm open that it tells you exactly how to do it if you click on the left side the page changes exactly as if you where in the router when you know how to do it then just go in the router the address is 192,168,1,1 i hope and do the same as far as what aol needs that i can`t help you royv maybe knows better as far as aol is concerned ( never used it aol )sorry

but if you open the page and click on this
Contents:

EasyConfigurator Installation
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Thank to you all, bit tired now but will give it a go in the morning when I have re-read your advice and the links you have given.

Thanks again
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »