View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-09-2005, 07:10 PM
I've bought a fair few things off ebuyer, but as Azz says, their customer services system isn't that brilliant - you have to rely on their eNotes system.
Also, their 'headline' price is ex VAT.

SavaStore used to be called Watford Electronics - they've been around for donkeys years.

http://www.savastore.com/productinfo...pid=45&tid=422 - £184.98 (inc. VAT)
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Thanks everyone for your imput I have read all the reviews and feel many monitors are equal but have gone with the Samsung in the end from Micro Direct...A bit more than I wanted to pay but 'Ernie' chipped in with £50 this morning so I don't feel too norty and extravigant
Meg
Supervisor

30-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Well the new monitor came....
...and went
...I hated it
...I hate new things prefering the old and safe...
...I guess I am odd,
...the colours were patchy and uneven and the writing strange so it has gone back under the terms of 'The Distance Selling Directive' which allows seven days to examine goods and send them back..
when this monitor gets too bad or I break my fingers slapping it I will go down the road to Evesham Micros and view before buying....
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Thats a shame Mini it looked a great monitor you did try the clear type feature for your text it make it display better.
Clear Type
Meg
Supervisor

30-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by leo
Thats a shame Mini it looked a great monitor you did try the clear type feature for your text it make it display better.
Clear Type
Hi Leo no I didn't try that..the colour was dreadful and patchy with a thing like a water mark on one part of the screen and an inconsistancy of colour across the screen , maybe it was just a faulty monitor... I didn't have a lot of time to fiddle with it before rejecting it and returning it within the time ....it was very expensive for what it was ..I have decided when spending what is for me a lot of money it is better to see the thing and try it before buying then I know what I am getting. Thank you I will save your 'clear type' for future use
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

30-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Hi Mini should have mentioned.... LCD monitors run at an optimum for their particular size.

Therefore the monitor you ordered would have needed you to change your display settings to the 'correct' resolution (screen size).... The wrong resolution would display the 'problems' and artefacts you mentioned
Meg
Supervisor

30-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Hi Mini should have mentioned.... LCD monitors run at an optimum for their particular size.

Therefore the monitor you ordered would have needed you to change your display settings to the 'correct' resolution (screen size).... The wrong resolution would display the 'problems' and artefacts you mentioned
eRaze I changed the resolution and colour settings and still did not like the results
...DW looked dreadful all pale and insipid
...perhaps the monitor was too just too big for me
...perhaps I just don't like 'different'....
...anyway I will toddle off to Evesham Micros and make a nusance of myself there
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Well the new monitor came I will go down the road to Evesham Micros and view before buying.... [/font]
Originally Posted by leo
Clear Type
Originally Posted by eRaze
sorry that you were not satisfied Mini they are good but as you said go to the shop and see it yourself the rest is said by leo and eRaze you get what you pay for especially with lcd monitors it is better a good make for a resonable price and with a lcd you have to run it with its full capabilities you still will not get the quality as you do with the old moniters not yet and the ones that are anywhere near the quality are very expensive
Meg
Supervisor

01-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Hi Fred I am that rare thing a woman who hates shopping and spending money It's the same when I buy anything new, days of agonising over which item to choose and reading every review/the Which? guide ..
If I can't get the quality of picture with the new type of LCD monitor I will go for another CRT....
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2005, 12:24 AM
if you have the room and you don`t mind the smell of them the i would to at the moment they are very cheap and they have a super quality for a lot less price the LCD is still coming ( i sell them ) they will get better and there are newer ones coming out better and that`s why they are dropping in price a lot of cheap rubbish just thrown on the market to make room for the new ones if i had the room i wold buy a CRT monitor the LCD which i have is good but no match for a CRT monitor
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >