Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-09-2013, 05:51 PM
How lovely Barbara
... Just one question, how are you going to stop yourself spending all day every day cuddling Georgina
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Thanks evryone for the compliments and good wishes! It's been a hectic week and I only wish I had two - or maybe three pairs of hands, instead of one!

After a slightly wobbly start Chloe's decided she LOVES little sister, who follows her around like Mary's little lamb. And she thoroughly enjoys playing rough and tumble with with Georgie. The first time they played Chloe definitely had the advantage being far more experienced and agile, but puppy soon discovered she could hold her own by giving Chloe side swipes with her big fat bum!

Georgina's a real sweetheart, she sleeps all night and lets me know when she wants to go out for a pee or a poo - which she does in thirty secconds flat! As I can't take her out walking until she's had her second set of jabs Chloe and I have been taking her up to the top of our land (just over half an acre). Lots of new things for her to explore and sniff - and taste- like windfall plums, pears and walnuts and she always arrives back home with something stuffed in her mouth.

Minihaha - Its VERY difficult to resist the temptation of picking her up and cuddling her, but I have to, because even though she's only ten weeks old she weighs 6kg and is built like the proverbial "brick s*** house! By the time she's six months old she'll weigh around 17kg and there'll be no room on my armchair for me her, Chloe and Sashicat!

Catrinsparkles - Shar-Pei come in lots of different colours. Isabella dilute (cream), sable (tan), red, chocolate, lilac, blue and black. Georgina's dad was chocolate and her mum was blue but all six puppies in the litter were cream. I'm still trying to work out how Mendel's law of hybrids accounts for this?

Nippy - Like you I only saw my first Shar-Pei in the flesh(apart from M'boi, my late girl) last Sunday when I collected Georgina from the breeder. I bought M'boi on impulse knowing nothing about the breed and it was the best impulse buy I've ever made. They're such wonderful dogs,a dream to train and make one of the best friends anyone can ever have.

Barbara
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 03:48 PM
OMG she is adorable ............. what a cuddly bundle of joy She is just gorgeous and so is her older sister both sitting there looking very well behaved and as though butter-would-melt Beautiful baby
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 05:32 PM
In Dachshunds, Isabella is the dilute of chocolate and blue is the dilute of black. I believe (i could be wrong) black is dominant to chocolate, so the blue parent probably carried the chocolate gene and in the way of random genes, all the pups ended up isabella.
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Both Georgie and her big sister Chloe are gorgeous - hope you have many many happy years with them both
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2