View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 10:42 AM
Its my stupid Norton Anti-virus that is stopping it - when I turn it off it loads perfectly but I won't be protected against a virus then will I
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks Fred - I'll have another go
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Dinahsmum
Thanks Fred - I'll have another go
Hi Dm. Use the playstation icon bit at the bottom of the screen and you can move around or go further in, or scroll your mouse as that moves you closer in too! Good luck it's fab when you get used to using it! I'm off the Paris now!
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 11:42 AM
It's OK now. When I first loaded I didn't have the icons at the bottom of the screen - no wonder I was a bit confused!
It is great. I've retraced our New England/French Canada trip from last year!
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Its my stupid Norton Anti-virus that is stopping it - when I turn it off it loads perfectly but I won't be protected against a virus then will I
Foxy I had this problem this is how to sort it. Open Norton and under Norton Internet Security you should see status and settings, open that and click on personal firewall. There should then be some tabs along the top, click on programs. This should open up a big list of programmes, run down it til you get to Google earth - it probably says block all next to it, click on the little arrow beside block all and you should be able to select permit all. That way you can connect without turning off Norton
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 02:17 PM
This is what I've had to Het. Got it now.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 03:02 PM
I have Norton but had no problems at all, did not turn it off or anything, it just worked or I guess I would have given up. Good though I am glad I have it.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 04:05 PM
what a great program... thanks for sharing Fred
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Is everyone getting it really blurred when you go down close, say to your own house? My o/h said he saw them using it on the t.v. this morning and they went in so close they could actually see a pick'up truck outside a shop and it was crystal clear! Mine isn't? Do I need to change my resolution or something or are you getting "blur" too when you zoom in close?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Hi Hevvur, no we have only got 1 meg not 12 - although saying this I don't know what 1 meg is but I know its probably the lowest that you can have in broadband terms. It seems fast enough though but obviously won't let us look at google earth.

Its loaded up fine but just says there is an error and we can't connect to their server

Maybe Fred can give me some idea whats wrong when he gets out of bed

Hi Foxy, I ment to write 1 meg, not 12. I just hit the 2 key by accident. There is no such thing as 12!
1 meg is fast, and it should be fine!
It isn't the lowest you can get!
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >