View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Guess what??? I think I have well and truly killed it I decided to be brave and use the recovery disc and now it won't do anything - keeps coming up with this Glue error 05 and won't do anything else - not having a good day really I feel a right berk now - well thats because I am one I suppose.

I am now on my laptop connected to broadband, at least it works perfectly on here although its not very comfy because its on my 4 yr olds plastic table and me backs killing me through bending over it

Don't all kill me at once - one at a time please :smt021 :smt021 :smt021
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Guess what??? I think I have well and truly killed it I decided to be brave and use the recovery disc and now it won't do anything - keeps coming up with this Glue error 05 and won't do anything else - not having a good day really I feel a right berk now - well thats because I am one I suppose.

I am now on my laptop connected to broadband, at least it works perfectly on here although its not very comfy because its on my 4 yr olds plastic table and me backs killing me through bending over it

Don't all kill me at once - one at a time please :smt021 :smt021 :smt021

Woops!!! Foxy

Its just what I would have done though, just bashed on. You definitely need a new one now
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Foxy yes if it doesn´t boot from the CD and by installing doesnt want to install
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Het
Woops!!! Foxy

Its just what I would have done though, just bashed on. You definitely need a new one now

Don't think computers are my thing Het In fact I haven't exactly found out what IS my thing yet

Fred is going to well and truly kill me

O/h is on about letting his mates mate have a look at it but do you think it is well and truly knackered now or do you thing that something might be salvageable

I've just remember something else, I have lost all your email addresses now and Helens and Ashlady's and Radars and my stupid email on here is playing up and keeps saying the password is wrong although I know both the user name and password are correct.

Think I may as well just go and jump off a cliff and knowing me I would probably do that wrong as well
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Don't think computers are my thing Het In fact I haven't exactly found out what IS my thing yet

Fred is going to well and truly kill me

O/h is on about letting his mates mate have a look at it but do you think it is well and truly knackered now or do you thing that something might be salvageable

I've just remember something else, I have lost all your email addresses now and Helens and Ashlady's and Radars and my stupid email on here is playing up and keeps saying the password is wrong although I know both the user name and password are correct.

Think I may as well just go and jump off a cliff and knowing me I would probably do that wrong as well

POOR Foxy when you jump of the clif the tide will be in so it doesn´t matter you go for a swim i will save you Foxy
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm no expert Foxy, it probably could be fixed by someone who knows whats what, and as long as you have all the discs that came with it. I know my older pc at home had a virus and I couldn't get rid of it so I cleared the HD and then reinstalled everything but i did have a recovery disc which did most of the work. Though I had trouble getting that to work as well, I had to do some 'futtering about' (thats a technical term )

Even if you do get it to work you will still have lost everything thats on it You will have a new email address now anyway with broadband do you? as well as your old one.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2005, 03:42 PM
I know what the problem is about not booting up, in the BIOS the boot up sequence needs to be changed, at the moment it is looking for the hard drive first, it needs to be looking for the CD drive instead.

Now I could tell you how to do it Foxy but you might get confused, but if you want to give it a try you are always welcome, put it this way you can't make it any worse!

Ian
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
I know what the problem is about not booting up, in the BIOS the boot up sequence needs to be changed, at the moment it is looking for the hard drive first, it needs to be looking for the CD drive instead.

Now I could tell you how to do it Foxy but you might get confused, but if you want to give it a try you are always welcome, put it this way you can't make it any worse!

Ian
maybe her OH can help when he comes home ?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 04:13 PM
This is a scary thread. I don't have a clue what any of you are on about, you are all dead clever, and I just hope I never have a problem like this.

Poor Foxy. Do you have a migraine yet?
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Hello Foxy,

It is completely up to you if you want to try this, it is quite simple to do.

I will try and help you get your’e PC back to health.

Reboot your PC, while it is starting up (still the black and white screen) press the ‘DEL’ key on the numeric keypad – right of the arrow keys.

This will take you into the BIOS system screen, don’t panic, just don’t touch anything at the momemt. Read the instructions usually at the bottom of the screen – PGDN/PGUP is for changing the values in certain fields. TAB key moves you from place to place – you are usually highlighted in grey or yellow, depending on which system is being used.
And the Most important key is the ESC key, if you get into a flumix (sp) just press this and nothing will be changed. Most of these keys are explained on screen. If you need help at anytime press F! this will bring up some help – but not much.

This first page there will be a choice of between eight and ten pages to go to. Use the ‘TAB’ key to choose one option and press enter this will bring up a different window, to escape this window just press ‘ESC’ I think by memory you will have to move down to the second option on the main menu.

When you get this new window there will be an option some thing like ‘BOOTABLE DRIVE’ and opposite that I think it will have shown ‘hdd0’ if it does bring the cursor down to that setting with the tab key , when it is highlighted press the ‘PGUP’ key on your keyboard until the reading changes from ‘hdd0’ to ‘CD’ or something similar.

When you have done that press the ‘ESC’ key once. You will come back to the main menu, scroll down with the tab key until you see it highlight ‘SAVE & EXIT Y/Y’ press enter and a box will come up asking ‘ARE YOU SURE?’ Press ‘Y’ The computer should then boot up after this on it’s own using the recovery disk that you have already put into the drive.

I hope I have covered everything, as it all just came out of my head, so please check with someone else in case I have missed a vital part.

And lets hope this gets you going.

Keep in touch Foxy.

Ian
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >