Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by leo
you can fred with remote help you can control foxys pc from where you are (as long as you both got xp)we do it all the time the thing is the distance between you and foxy the lag will slow it down. My OH does it with his bro in germany but it does work.

You'll have to arrange a ime to be on both of you to get it sorted.
thatīs no problem for me but foxy is on dial up and it would be very slow for her i do it nearly every evening with austria germany america no problem i have asked foxy if she has messenger or net meeting installed she hasnīt given me an answer yet at the momment she is a bit confused and i can understand that thatīs why i tried to help her
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 06:25 PM
You could just do remote veiw instead of control thaty should be quicker and talk via some other means
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by leo
You could just do remote veiw instead of control thaty should be quicker and talk via some other means
asked her that as well no reply she is to concerned at the momment i will wait she can come to me anytime she likes
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
asked her that as well no reply she is to concerned at the momment i will wait she can come to me anytime she likes

Hi Fred,

We decided to try it on my daughters computer so we swapped our tower for her tower and installed the software and plugged in and we have two green lights and everything is working fine.

Personally I think our tower is just knackered and needs mending because it shows its not the connection if its working from the same distance as before but with a different tower.

Do you think our tower could have a virus in it because when we installed the avast it found loads of trojan horses and quite a few viruses too

We can't have her tower downstairs though or else there will be an uproar (she is very possessive of her property ) and definitely won't let her older brother use it .

My o/h thinks it is the ports that aren't working and having them mended would solve the problem but I think it is deeper than that and won't be as easy to solve.

Thanks Fred and Leo and Ian for all your help in my recent crisises I don't know what I would have done without my friends from dogweb

I have tried hinting that a new computer might be the way to go, but he doesn't appear to be listening
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 07:31 PM
could be Foxy
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Just read Foxy about it working on your daughters desktop.

When i upgraded to broadband on my old laptop,it wouldnt install properly and i ended up phoning ntl.They told me over the phone to start entering all these digits into various boxes (access codes?) and once done-it worked.The lady at ntl said it was likely because of my old operating system (windoze 2000) and proberly in my opinion-older technology in a antique laptop!

This much more powerful laptop didnt require any disc to be inserted and once the BB cable modem was plugged in-a pop up box appeared saying "windows has detected new hardware".It was all up and running from there on.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Just read Foxy about it working on your daughters desktop.

When i upgraded to broadband on my old laptop,it wouldnt install properly and i ended up phoning ntl.They told me over the phone to start entering all these digits into various boxes (access codes?) and once done-it worked.The lady at ntl said it was likely because of my old operating system (windoze 2000) and proberly in my opinion-older technology in a antique laptop!

This much more powerful laptop didnt require any disc to be inserted and once the BB cable modem was plugged in-a pop up box appeared saying "windows has detected new hardware".It was all up and running from there on.

Hi Steve,

All 3 computers are Windows XP though so do you think it could still be the case We are thinking of taking it into PC World and getting them to give it a thorough check out because it has been doing some strange things for quite a while If I log on and try to get into the control panel on my account it won't do it and freezes the screen so I have to log off and start all over again which is a pain. It also turns itself back on again when turned off, sometimes about 4 times , it comes out of standby by itself. Think it needs an MOT.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Hi Steve,

All 3 computers are Windows XP though so do you think it could still be the case We are thinking of taking it into PC World and getting them to give it a thorough check out because it has been doing some strange things for quite a while If I log on and try to get into the control panel on my account it won't do it and freezes the screen so I have to log off and start all over again which is a pain. It also turns itself back on again when turned off, sometimes about 4 times , it comes out of standby by itself. Think it needs an MOT.
me to foxy been feeding those horses again
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Can you just reformat the computer (after saving everything of course) that way you will just wipe away any nasties that shouldn't be there, for good and you can start with a fresh system and then see if your BB works with it
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Can you just reformat the computer (after saving everything of course) that way you will just wipe away any nasties that shouldn't be there, for good and you can start with a fresh system and then see if your BB works with it

Yes I would like to do that but I don't have a clue how to go about it
I know that we have a recovery disc which is red and has a cross on it I think but I don't know how to wipe everything. We had it done at the local computer shop about 2 years ago and it was about Ģ40 but he took about 2 weeks to get it done The only things I have on the computer are my piccies and some music but the piccies are mostly on discs as well so that wouldn't be a problem.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »