Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 10:31 AM

For Fred!

Hi Fred,

I rang a local computer shop this morning and asked if they could come out and have a look but they said no they only mend computers at the shop
I told him what was happening and he said it sounded like the modem drivers weren't installed properly.

I have uninstalled it all and then installed it about 4 times now and I have taken some pictures to show you what is happening.

It does come up that there is an error when I plug the modem in although all the software seems to install successfully

Here are the piccys

Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Anybody else have any ideas what could be wrong???
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 01:27 PM
by looking at that i see your firewall is on ? if it is on scwitch it of and also the av deativate it maybe that is stopping beiing installed you can also try.
control panel, modem, driver update for the usb modem and make sure it is listed in your hard ware
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
by looking at that i see your firewall is on ? if it is on scwitch it of and also the av deativate it maybe that is stopping beiing installed you can also try.
control panel, modem, driver update for the usb modem and make sure it is listed in your hard ware

Hi Fred,

Yes the Firewall is on (the windows XP one) and I will have another try with it off.

Also I have the microsoft anti-spyware program installed, do you think that this could cause any problems
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 01:35 PM
http://www.speedtouch.com/prod330.htm i am looking if there is a new USB driver

http://www.speedtouch.com/support.htm
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Driver Upgrade for Win98SE/ME/2000/XP load that driver down and try donīt forget the firewall of av of
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 01:38 PM
it is defentley a driver problem

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...&ProductID=665

just found that it says it is so easy
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Dead impressed. How did you know the firewall is on?
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 03:54 PM
installed so many in english spanish german just have to look at the screen if i was there it would take me ten miniutes
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 06:09 PM
I don't think that it is your drivers since your laptop can use the BB connection just think what is different between the two the only difference that you have said is that the laptop can be right close to the phone socket thus more power going down the phone line. Take away the two plugs on the extension and wire straight in to the box.
you just need to get that telephone cable sorted out then you'll be fine.

Wanadoo is not really bothered as they see it as not there fault they are providing the service that you have asked for it's not there fault that you can not get it on the machine that you want when you can get it on you laptop.
When you phone up these so called help line syou are talking to someone who is looking at a pc sreen with possable faults and cures thats all they do they will proberly have no more idea whats going on than you just that they are using the information in front of them and rely it on to you (not saying that they are all like this)

installed so many in english spanish german just have to look at the screen if i was there it would take me ten miniutes
you can fred with remote help you can control foxys pc from where you are (as long as you both got xp)we do it all the time the thing is the distance between you and foxy the lag will slow it down. My OH does it with his bro in germany but it does work.

You'll have to arrange a ime to be on both of you to get it sorted.
Just switch off your firewall & anti virus when installing the modem drivers and see if you can connect if you can connect then switch it on by rights you should lose the connection then its just a matter of configureing the firewall
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »