Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 10:31 PM

OH is getting rid of Sky......grump grump grump

I know that I shouldn't moan because the cost of Sky now is ...well...sky high, but oh dear what about half the F1 races; most of the horsey stuff; all those films; his rugby league and cricket which keeps him happy for hours on end so that I can play on the computer, etc. etc.

I feel very grumpy, especially as I know full well that the main reason for this decision has little to do with the cost - he just cannot stand the Murdochs.

I've just realised that all those lovely old sitcoms on Gold will be unavailable toooooooo
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 10:34 PM
I was sad when I split from husband, sky went with him and it hasnt been back since

I am also upset about the F1 moving to sky. I want sky. I miss being able to record stuff. I feel your pain.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Oh no, I couldn't cope without me Sky TV!

I have to say I find it bizarre that people will spend almost £100 a month just on Sky TV, I only pay about £20 for basic Sky and 3 add on packages, but even so I'd be lost without it!

My Sky box had a fit last night and stopped working and I have to ashamedly say I had a full blown paddy! Thankfully I've got it working again, but I was rather embarrassed by my own meltdown over a Sky box!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 10:45 PM
I love the sky+ feature Hubby wants Sky HD but I can't justify the price.......

I only pay £20 odd a month for mine
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 10:51 PM
I have a friend that works for sky and a lot of people phone up to say that they want to leave because they can get a similar package with Virgin for less or simply because they can no longer afford it, and more often than none, they will drop the price of your package. May be worth a try?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
I was sad when I split from husband, sky went with him and it hasnt been back since

I am also upset about the F1 moving to sky. I want sky. I miss being able to record stuff. I feel your pain.
Oh dear, I am so sorry but that really made me laugh!! You clearly have your priorities right You have also made me feel that I am not whining over nothing......F1 is SO important.

Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Oh no, I couldn't cope without me Sky TV!

I have to say I find it bizarre that people will spend almost £100 a month just on Sky TV, I only pay about £20 for basic Sky and 3 add on packages, but even so I'd be lost without it!

My Sky box had a fit last night and stopped working and I have to ashamedly say I had a full blown paddy! Thankfully I've got it working again, but I was rather embarrassed by my own meltdown over a Sky box!
We are currently paying about 60, which will go up to 75 a month shortly. That's for the whole package, because we couldn't have sport, movies and something else without paying for all the rubbish as well. When husband (I could kill him right now) rang them today to cancel, they offered a reduction to £40 for a year, then it would go up to £75. He refused........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
I love the sky+ feature Hubby wants Sky HD but I can't justify the price.......

I only pay £20 odd a month for mine
We have the sky+ HD, and he is replacing it with freeview HD. I am not happy. Do you have sport and films for that price??
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Manyana13 View Post
I have a friend that works for sky and a lot of people phone up to say that they want to leave because they can get a similar package with Virgin for less or simply because they can no longer afford it, and more often than none, they will drop the price of your package. May be worth a try?
Thank you for that - yes, when he rang to cancel they did drop the price, but made it clear that it would not be a permanent thing so he was having none of it.
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Thank you for that - yes, when he rang to cancel they did drop the price, but made it clear that it would not be a permanent thing so he was having none of it.
Oh really? I didn't know that it wasn't permanent. What a cheek of them!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:07 PM
I know, first of all they said it would just be a drop for six months, and then they increased it to a year....the end result is the same though. It is a heck of a lot of money I suppose just to watch sport and films, and Gold, and other things...........

Hubby did say that the lad he spoke to up there in Scottieland was extremely pleasant, and did his best to be helpful. I gather that they ended up talking about the awful weather up there etc. etc. I must stop feeling sorry for myself because it really isn't the end of the world - is it?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:14 PM
i am seriously considering getting rid of ours we pay £60 per month and thats our basic tv phone and broadband but I barely watch it - I watch greys anatomy on living and stuff on sky 1 but thats about it.

Hubby watches the f1 but even that is going weird for this year so he will only get some of them anyway... am contemplating moving to virgin or free view plus as I cannot lose my pause and rewind feature cos i love that !!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »