View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 09:44 PM
It takes a bit of getting used to, I still prefer paperbacks, I miss the ability to "flick through", but I find my Kobo also has it's uses too, although I'm still not 100% comfortable using it, still feels a bit weird
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 09:51 PM
I am loving my Kindle, I have downloaded about 5 books now and am midway through reading my accidental purchase!

I love my books, especially my non-fiction, the trouble is tracking them down! I am looking forward to taking my Kindle on holiday, will certainly cut down on the weight in the caravan!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 11:16 PM
I've downloaded a free book now - FREE! It's The Book of Deacon and I hope I will be more interested in this one and enjoy the Kindle more.
FREE!!!!!
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 11:38 PM
I got one too. Its not something I would ever have thought of buying, but I love it

Have downloaded loads of books and spent hardly any of the voucher that came with it. Am planning on taking it in my bag to work and actually having a lunchbreak rather than working through. Also will be brilliant for ferries and away in the caravan when I would normally just take one book.

I really am impressed
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 11:41 PM
I just downloaded a whole trilogy for 63p!

Haven't read any yet though, just downloading away ...

I wonder what the poor writers are getting out of this though. Mind you, I read an article a month or so ago about new writers making it through e-books, by-passing the agents etc. That, to me, is a good thing.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Yes, one reason I got the Kobo is that there is over 1,000,000 free books in their store. Admittedly many of them are self published authors I have never heard of, but I've discovered some really good free books and it's expanded my range instead of sticking to the best seller list definately worth picking up some free books, at worst you lose nothing if it's rubbish and just delete it
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Book shelf manufacturers will be will peeved .lol
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 12:34 PM
If anybody is interested in Travel books or is an armchair adventurer Mark Moxon has put 21 free Ebooks on the net. Can be downloaded for Kindle or Kobo.
They are quite good - nice easy read

http://www.moxon.net/ebooks/
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Book shelf manufacturers will be will peeved .lol
Our bookshelf situation's reached crisis point anyway - we're onto double layers of paperbacks to try to cram more stuff in.

I've got 99% of the Discworld books on mine to re-read again... should keep me going for the next interminable wait down the hospital.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 02:51 PM
I have the Kindle for PC thing, I want a real Kindle though. I have over 800 real books at the moment and I don't have anywhere to put them, they're just sitting in boxes and if I want one I can spend hours looking through boxes for it.

I prefer my proper books to be honest but space has become an issue! And some of my favourites are starting to fall apart due to being read so often, I think I might have to invest in Kindle versions of them.
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »