View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 12:52 AM
I got a fuji finepix HS20. Basically, you can use it on fully automatic like a point & shoot, control some features manually while keeping others on auto, use scene positions, or control all the settings yourself. HD photo/video playback. Zooms further, takes fast writing memory card. You can achieve the out of focus look outwith macro but how much just depends. Point & shoot compacts pretty much do what they say on the tin with maybe a little manual control available I was concerned about weight but was pleasantly surprised how light the bridging cameras were, maybe you could go to a shop and try holding a few of the ones you have been looking at to see what you feel comfy with.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 12:56 AM
When I have had a chance to get used to it I will post some pics.hardly used it so far tbh
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks

I think I am edging towards the Panasonic lumix tz2o.
Seems like it takes pretty good photos for a little compact, and I think considering I know nothing about photography (my dad would be ashamed!), I wouldn't get the best out of a bridge and would probably use a compact more.

I am still a little torn between that and the Nikon coolpix L120 14MP Digital Bridge, I might see if I can get to a store and feel the size and weight. But I'm just not sure I would get the best from one, and if I want really professional pics I can always borrow my dad's camera!

Panasonic Lumix compact:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-Lu...9151234&sr=1-1

Nikon coolpix L120 14MP Digital Bridge:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-Coolpi...9067304&sr=1-3
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Both cheaper in argos by the way..
And the warranty is better if you dont like it bring it back ....

Have you seen any comments about battery life ??
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Yeh I went for a bridging camera as I have had my compact for years, and was starting to need features it didn't have. I basically thought if this one lasts as long as the last fuji then I don't want to replace it too soon/grow out of it. I reckon this one should last a good while (years) before I run out of features/stuff to learn with this one lol

Basically there were times I was getting the best from my last one but knew I couldn't get better...i want to get better photos with this one but I want to get better in the long run, so rather than get the best out of it straight away I want good photos on auto etc then improve over time so that in years to come I will get the best out of the camera and then think about moving on to an slr maybe, if thats the way things are headed....

Does that make sense?
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Makes perfect sense!

I got the PAnasonic Lumix for my bday in the end. Hopefully I'll use it lots, and from what I've seen so far its a good little camera that takes some pretty good quality photos.

I shall have to take it out on Saturday and see what happens Would love to see some of your Fuji pics too Dobermann!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
Makes perfect sense!

I got the PAnasonic Lumix for my bday in the end. Hopefully I'll use it lots, and from what I've seen so far its a good little camera that takes some pretty good quality photos.

I shall have to take it out on Saturday and see what happens Would love to see some of your Fuji pics too Dobermann!
Great, hope you enjoy it, I'm on my phone just now but I will try to get pics up at the weekend. Be good to see your pics too
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Well I've only had it a day really, so haven't taken many pics.
Probably posting this a bit prematurely really as I'm about to go for a cycle so will try more pics then.

Still getting to grips with it, I'm a bit rubbish but I think as I get better photos will improve

Anyway here are a few random shots

Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 04:29 PM
They look really good,i will try and get some up before the weekend is out.

Ps like the birthday cup cake!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Sony Cybershot here too. Fantastic little camera - even when not too steady coz dog is pulling my arm!

However it takes RUBBISH night time photos and I wish I'd known this beforehand.

I still wouldn't swap it unless it broke.

V. easy to slide into a quite small pocket too.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >