Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks all for your imput.
Fantasic pics Aeonflame and Cadi.. (do love the blurry background ones Aeonflame!!!)

Looks like I have some research to do
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 02:53 PM
just wondered what your leaning to buy at the moment?

I only have a compact digital camera but have been thinking of 'upgrading'

Like you, the type of shots I want....and I cant change lenses....

but for the record I have been so happy with my little FujiFinepix that I wouldnt rule out looking at the Fuji brand.

Here are a couple of sample shots (not classy like the others but just to give an idea...) My camera is about 7/8 years old which in this digital age is pretty much antique!! but has been more than worth every penny.

(focussed on bars and not the dog - my fault)

action

admittedly, not great but I would defo put down to driver error! Another action shot;

and those were all from a compact of about 7/8 years old, so for me, I can't recomend Fuji enough lol Have seen Olympus and Sony compacts not even touch this and (of the same age/spec/price range, all compacts)

Have a feeling it may be more a bridging camera your after though?

I am determined to be able to use my compact better before I move on to a Bridging or DSLR though.

EDIT; the above images have been cropped too so have lost a lot of MP's
Aeonflame
New Member!
Male 

16-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Great shots. Your boy reminds me very much of my Cobra.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Aeonflame View Post
Great shots. Your boy reminds me very much of my Cobra.
aw, thank you. Your shots were excellent.

Is cobra your dog?
Have you posted them in Pic's section?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 03:08 PM
WhichPets; heres another showing colour better...

Admittedly I'm not the best with the settings etc and tend to get a lot of noise...but thats why I want to get better with this one before 'taking the plunge'

That one was taken through zooming in, not macro setting.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 03:23 PM
I have a Fujifilm Finepix S5800 , you can pick them up on ebay at a reasonable price .

Here are some example pics form the camera, I am not the best photographer in the world but do try and enjoy having fun with my camera , this one is good enough to let you do this at a reasonable cost. !

WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks for more pics Dobermann and TomtheLurcher - it's REALLY helpful to see what kind of pics each camera takes, and you both seem to have got some really good shots from your little cameras.

I had a look online at the cameras suggested on the thread and it made me even more confused!

I also asked my dad but he uses very beefy cameras and started chatting technical lingo (I had no idea what he was saying), but when I narrow it down a bit I will defs go back to him for some advice
He was also kind enough to offer me one of his cameras (the one that he took the pics with in this photo thread: http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...7#post2331157), but I would need to buy a lens for it. Also not sure if it's a bit big and heavy for me, but in an ideal world that's the kind of quality I would love

Dobermann if you have any more thoughts on which camera you are going for would be great to keep us posted on this thread
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
Can anyone reccomend a camera for doggy photo taking?!

Ideally I don't want to spend more than £100-200 - If I can get a camera that manages to take nice sharp photos and that has a setting that makes the background out of focus/blurry (very technical lingo I know!!) that would be great. Also not too heavy as I'd like it to be easy to carry round on walks.

I know loads of people on here take fab photos. Suggestions please

-Also mods, if this isn't posted in the right section please let me know or move to the appropriate one.
Hi I saw a Nikon SLR going for £22 on madbid.com last time i checked if your after a camera id check out that site or E Bay first
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
Thanks for more pics Dobermann and TomtheLurcher - it's REALLY helpful to see what kind of pics each camera takes, and you both seem to have got some really good shots from your little cameras.

I had a look online at the cameras suggested on the thread and it made me even more confused!

I also asked my dad but he uses very beefy cameras and started chatting technical lingo (I had no idea what he was saying), but when I narrow it down a bit I will defs go back to him for some advice
He was also kind enough to offer me one of his cameras (the one that he took the pics with in this photo thread: http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...7#post2331157), but I would need to buy a lens for it. Also not sure if it's a bit big and heavy for me, but in an ideal world that's the kind of quality I would love

haha, same here, I like the size I'v got but would like more...
Dobermann if you have any more thoughts on which camera you are going for would be great to keep us posted on this thread
tbh I am still trying to get better with my little compact before 'moving on' and like you, I like the compact as its practical to take out with the dog, but yeh, I will keep you posted if I come up with anything.

One piece of advice my Dad gave me was that MP's aint everything and make sure you go for good quality CCD......basically the Fuji has that. Its great in low light, get good colour in prints. You do want enough MP's to allow for cropping though (as you lose MP's/resolution cropping)

There are now 3 little Fujis in this family and we are all very happy with them

Really depends what you want/how you will use it though.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Tom; that bike pic is something else!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >