View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 06:07 PM
DONE!! BUT, although I had English (US) instead of English (UK) on the language options, now that I changed it over I STILL have my @ and " round the wrong way on the keyboard, so it's gotta be that little man who put the wrong bits behind those keys hasn't it, just like I said! Dave can live with it though, he'll have to coz I'm not sending it back just because of that, too much faffing about, I've had enough of that with wardrobes, but I won't go there!!!

Thanks for trying guys, much appreciated!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
DONE!! BUT, although I had English (US) instead of English (UK) on the language options, now that I changed it over I STILL have my @ and " round the wrong way on the keyboard, so it's gotta be that little man who put the wrong bits behind those keys hasn't it, just like I said! Dave can live with it though, he'll have to coz I'm not sending it back just because of that, too much faffing about, I've had enough of that with wardrobes, but I won't go there!!!

Thanks for trying guys, much appreciated!
Aitch,
FN and F11 will switch the numlock on and off, try that too
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks Jackie, but there's no number pad on it, so how can you lock it anyway?

Next problem! Dave needs spellchecker, and there's no MsWord on there only Wordpad and he can't find spellchecker in wordpad??? Anyone know if it has one?

Can you download Word from somewhere? Maybe Ms Office for free? I haven't got the dvd for it yet, so can't instal it any other way than doing it online for now? I'm gonna be a right pain now aren't I! Sorry!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Oh I love this thread, it's a bit like when I have to explain microwaves to my oldies
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks Jackie, but there's no number pad on it, so how can you lock it anyway?

Next problem! Dave needs spellchecker, and there's no MsWord on there only Wordpad and he can't find spellchecker in wordpad??? Anyone know if it has one?

Can you download Word from somewhere? Maybe Ms Office for free? I haven't got the dvd for it yet, so can't instal it any other way than doing it online for now? I'm gonna be a right pain now aren't I! Sorry!
You still have numbers on the top row though Trust me

Spell checker in Google toolbar...

http://tools.google.com/firefox/tool...k&tbbrand=GZAZ
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Stop it Becky!!! You'll be here one day ya know!!!!

Thanks Jackie, he said that's very handy, BUT, how can I get that into Wordpad for him then for when he's typing a letter and can't spell????? Pleeeeeease! Lol!

I'm busy downloading a printer driver for him at the mo, coz of course, we haven't got the dvd thingy to do it with! I hope that works!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Stop it Becky!!! You'll be here one day ya know!!!!

Thanks Jackie, he said that's very handy, BUT, how can I get that into Wordpad for him then for when he's typing a letter and can't spell????? Pleeeeeease! Lol!

I'm busy downloading a printer driver for him at the mo, coz of course, we haven't got the dvd thingy to do it with! I hope that works!!!
Can't get it into wordpad I'm afraid. You'll need to get him office
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 06:47 PM
That's what I thought, thanks though Jackie. The Google toolbar one will be good, coz he can then copy and paste, the only problem being when he types a letter, every other word is mispelled so it'll take him a while to type a letter now!! Maybe I should do it for him coz I can type AND spell! Lol!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 06:56 PM
That's what I thought, thanks though Jackie. The Google toolbar one will be good, coz he can then copy and paste, the only problem being when he types a letter, every other word is mispelled so it'll take him a while to type a letter now!! Maybe I should do it for him coz I can type AND spell! Lol!
LOL, you should definitely do it for him then mate xxxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi mate,
Didn't it come with office??? it should have surely!!!!

Elaine xx
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >