Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 12:33 PM

Just bought a Samsung NC10 it's brill!

I wanted one myself and found out this was the very best for typists, and when Dave blew his lappy up the other night, I told him how good these were, he was sold, so I ordered it last night from Amazon, it arrived by 9.30 this morning and it's now up and running! It's just fantastic and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It's got Windows XP sooooo much better than that Vista, and although I'm not a lappy fan I prefer my desktop, I love this to bits coz I can type so easily on it without hitting the wrong keys I want one now!!!

The only problem it has though, which took me half an hour to find out Everytime I went to put in my e-mail address the "@" always came out as inverted commas After half an hour, I thought to myself, hmmmm, I wonder where the inverted coma's are on here then, which are above the "2", so I tried those and up came my "@"!!!!! See, the human brain far exceeds the power of the puter!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Lol glad you sorted it out H.
Hubby has just bought me an Acer which I love. Except, as you say the b****y Vista
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-07-2009, 02:38 PM
The @ and " transposed thing is a symptom of a UK keyboard being used with an oerating system that is expecting a US keyboard. there'll be some settings to change somewhere...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Oh? Thanks for that Rich. Even though the printing on the keyboard is different to what it says? I made sure I put UK and not US on the initial start up, but then again, it did have US/English as the language. OH don't get me too involved here, I'm not very techy, but I'll give it a whirl. Any suggestions as to where to go to find these settings then please?? Although, I did want Dave to actually see this working tonight not laying out on the lawn!
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Hmmm, I'm not a Windows person. Especially not XP but I'd start looking in some sort of regional settings in Control Panel....
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 03:16 PM
http://www.ehow.com/how_2239666_chan...n-english.html

H does that help you at all?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks Lynne, I'll give that a whirl and see what happens. I'm honestly thinking it's a manufacturing error kind of thing though? Why have the " above the 2 and yet it's the @ when you press it, and then the @ above the ' is the " when you actually press it??? I hope you understood all that Lol! Keep up mrs!!!!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-07-2009, 04:41 PM
My Acer was the same You have to find the keyboard settings and change it to a UK keyboard. Will see if I can remember how I changed it.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Aitch, have you made sure the 'num lock' key is turned off?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks Carole, coz it works so well, I really don't want to blow it up before Dave gets to use it. He said he can cope with it coz he has to look for all the letters anyway, and quite honestly, the only time you would use the @ is for an e-mail addy and he doesn't have one of those either!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »