Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
biged64
New Member!
Male 

02-05-2010, 05:47 PM

Giving birth

My dog is due tomorrow. She is breathing heavily with short breaths. What are some other signs she is about to give birth?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 05:52 PM
ohh dear you should have researched all this before she was even mated!

Other signs are panting, digging, not settling..but then saying that some girls can show no signs.

I hope to god for her sake this is an easy text book whelp.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 06:02 PM
biged64 It seems that all of this is completely new to you and as such you might need a little help over the next few days and weeks. There will be plenty of people who can help and advise on here so keep posting any developments and questions and I am sure people will do what they can for you and your bitch......

If you can get it quickly this book will be very useful!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-Bitch-J...2823271&sr=1-1
biged64
New Member!
Male 

02-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Don't get exited. I have don my homework. I just want to cover every angle. Every dog and situation is different. Thank you for your reply.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by biged64 View Post
Don't get exited. I have don my homework. I just want to cover every angle. Every dog and situation is different. Thank you for your reply.
well that brilliant news, Hope your girl has an easy birth.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Could I ask is it your sheltie or your lab who is about to give birth. Some bitches do try to find a place of their own to give birth, but hopefully, she has got used to her whelping box and will be happy to use that. I would also let my vet know that she is about to whelp, just in case you need him quickly. Good luck and I hope all goes well.
mad4foxhounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2010, 10:30 PM
hope your bitch is doing well, if you get stuck you could ring your vets to take you throught it on the phone i know its what we do where i work,
also her temp changes, nesting, drinking more,(sometimes less ) off food, what breed is she, breeds differ. do you know if her dam delivered her pups safely or did she need help, was she on time or early. good luck and sleep when you can, as youl need all you can get,