View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Im not convinced that the vet really did tell them that.
Thats just the story i got from them.

I put a deposit down on him, on wednesday night and on friday night i had a phone call saying that mum had bad mastitis and was needing to go to the vets today to have an operation (possibly to remove 2 of her teats). So they asked me if i could pick him up there and then, i didnt know what to think. But i did know i didnt want to lose this pup, so i agreed to pick him up. When i got there, there was only 4 pups left and i know they had 8 to start with. So i wasnt the only one that had taken my pup. I know he was nowhere near ready to leave mum, but i also got the impression that if i didnt pick pup up then some-else would.
This is far from ideal, i know. But he is here now and i just want to concentrate on looking after him, with the brilliant advice from you lot.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 08:47 PM
i only had cara at 7weeks because the breeder knew me and we both agreed that she would get better interaction from my lot she was quite a bully with her litter mates but as soon as she got here grandma brought her down a peg or 2 ...see mums sort all that out

thats why when my girls grumble anfdnip the pups i know its mums way of sorting the pack out if not they will fight
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Sara1210 View Post
I know he was nowhere near ready to leave mum, but i also got the impression that if i didnt pick pup up then some-else would.
This is far from ideal
hi
I am not here to judge and i will never preach to anyone its not my thing..... mastitus isn't nice at all but should be easily treated as long as the puppies are weaned they will survive ok alone and even if not fully weaned pups can lap lactol at 5 weeks

no its not ideal but with careful work and special learning and extra cuddles he will be fine
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2