Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2023, 06:37 AM

Trying Tuesday 1st August 2023

Morning all. Yep it is a trying Tuesday. Thought I would be early and do some banking and nope the website is having problems. Ah well it can wait. Hope you had a good evening and night. Have a good day. Another month nearer to Christmas and I see that some shops are already doing stuff. Too soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-08-2023, 07:56 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Yesterday was a Freya sitting day. It was my turn.
We had some fun, we did the hokey cokey she has just learnt this at nursery, the Hello fresh turned up so we unpacked it together then put it all away together .
Later she decided my feet needed some attention so out came the creams obviously tops left on and my feet got a nice Freya massage.
Then I sneezed, well she came up to me put her arm around me and said you ok bebby that's how she says baby. Mammy for mummy nannee for nanny.
We had a lovely day on the sofa with her cuddling me saying ok bebby.
We took a walk down the track because she told daddy Sunday there were crocodiles living in the ditch.
She wanted mostly carrying and we didn't see any crocodiles.
Then she slept from 2 till 3.30.

brenda result getting the doughnut money refunded. I hope you get online for your banking.
Sue I just do not know how you do it. Your family would be lost without you.
griff glad you are feeling ok.
Chris I am hoping the scooters are sorted today, it's the day for the deal isn't it ?
Your Teddy is the complete opposite to our Brewster who loves his feeding times and food.
Kazz glad all is well.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2023, 10:09 AM
Freya sounds a real poppet. Yep I eventually got on to the banks website. This is 'funny', I thought banking was 24/7 and yep the website says so but when I phoned them to find out why I couldn't do what I wanted to do an automated service said they opened at 8am and yep dead on 8am the website opened up. So, I suspect they were doing maintenance. Hey ho. Tis done now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2023, 10:53 AM
Morning all
Going to see my uncle for a coffee! Wow, how times change, only time we ever had coffee together before was when he was locked up. I have got him a games console, he doesn't have internet where he lives and tbh, not sure he would manage, so he has a sega mini system with inbuilt games but he can get the cartridges too if he wants. He is really trying so he deserves a reward.
Brenda, my bank do their maintenance during the night... early hours and are usually done by 6.30. as long as there's money in my account I am not to worried lol. The relief of finally being debt free after the last few years is huge! One less bit of stress in my life, mind .... living here every day is a stress.
Last night's drama, went to the bin and saw the lady from next door coming home from work ( nice neighbour) so I just asked if she was o.k, she sort of rolled her eyes... she's a vet and was just getting home at gone 8pm! She said she didn't need to be struggling to get on the drive because of someone feeding a cat in the middle of our driveway, the cat is dead old, she stays outside a lot and so sleeps a lot, she is really friendly and obviously as getting on for 20 skinny. Anyway, apparently my neighbour had struggled about 7 times to go around the cat and the imbeciles feeding her didn't move her, didn't stop feeding her, obviously my neighbour got out, moved the food and as she threw it, the food came out of the container. As we were talking, this...I would say man but he isn't....bully sums him up better came up and started having a go at my neighbour, she tried to explain the cat is an issue and everyone is concerned about running her over, he was absolutely vile to her! She apologized but he wouldn't let up, I heard her voice shaking and he started swearing at her! Well, I let rip, I don't like bullies and when someone has made the effort to apologize...no need for it. He walked away saying it's not his cat anyway, I pointed out he shouldn't be feeding someone else's pet and I would lose my crap if it was my cat, we said she lives at this house and is loved and looked after but old, still he carried on, so I just told my neighbour to tell him to eff off next time. I went to see the cats owner to let him know someone else was feeding her as I had issues with people doing it with my cat who had a kidney problem, as I stepped out the gate, he was on our driveway again telling another neighbour his version of events, I said hi to the other neighbour and told the gobby one that our driveway is private property and he shouldn't be there and he was listening as I spoke to the cats owner. I rung my neighbour and checked on her, she was still shaken after the confrontation and was apologising to me for causing issues, there's no issue, I dislike the bully, he drives like a lunatic, treats our property however he likes even though he lives right up the close. I am sick of entitled little bullies who don't even own the property yet turn up and think they can do as they wish. Used to be such a lovely area
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-08-2023, 11:59 AM
Glad the banking got done brenda.
Freya really is a little poppet.

Oh griff what a nightmare. I would of thought common sense would tell you not to feed any animal on a driveway unless it's your own so you know the comings and goings.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2023, 12:33 PM
Her mum has called this morning, apparently she was very upset....I knew she was, I said she tried to apologise which is more than I would have done. She thanked me for going and talking to the cats owner and that he should have really gone and said something to the bloke himself..... I just said to her that it's so cliquey now and that people think they know stuff about you when they know nothing. I think I need to take her daughter out to try and build her confidence a bit.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2023, 01:07 PM
Good afternoon all

1st of August and was blooming freezing this morning

The bungalow across the road that has been empty for the past 10 or so years has finally got a sold sign on the board. Hopefully it will be someone nice who eventually moves in

Just watching the England Ladies absolutely obliterate they Chinese opponents. I hope they do well in the tournament so that women's football can go from strength to strength back here at home

Don't mention the damned scooter. They've had it back a few days now and done absolutely nothing. I asked to speak to the engineer who isn't in today. So, I asked why not as he only works Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and all I got was stuttering. I am absolutely fuming, but at their mercy as I need the thing back and in working order to be able to trade it in. Trying Tuesday is just about right Brenda
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2023, 01:43 PM
Such a nightmare for you Chris. I am having a trying day. My best friend texted Sara, my daughter the one that I had a falling out with a few years ago. She usually will reply to my friends text but not to me. Anyway the text was sent back not delivered. I am now thinking I will write to Sara again and say that I am going to go up to hers by train. Maybe that will make her respond. Hey ho. Kids who would have them even when they aren't kids any more. I have tried to apologise and even sent cards for birthdays, anniversary and Christmas. I did get a card from her at Christmas but nothing to say she had received any of mine. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2023, 01:51 PM
especially when they even kids anymore, Brenda

You know the saying 'when they are little, they tug on the apron strings. When they are older, they tug on the heartstrings'
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-08-2023, 03:18 PM
Oh gosh trying Tuesday all round then.
Sorry for everyone's problems we have a big one here again.

Yes the car not the Insignia this time but the Antara it has been doing very well, I drove it to sit Freya and back yesterday 60 mile round trip no issues.
When we took Brewster out this morning I saw some leakage on the road the patter was the way I would have reversed in and then saw a small leakage on the gravel.
Gorden went out and checked and said he couldn't see anything untoward. He went back out with a bit of cardboard to put underneath and ran the engine up to temperature, came in had a coffee went to back out to check and there was a very small leak of what looked like oil.
He called a mobile mechanic who was recommended to take a look.
What he found was oil in the coolant reservoir he has never seen the likes before in all his years of being a mechanic and could tell it happened this morning after Gorden had run the car up to temperature, by the look of the oil and how it wasn't all gunked up round the seal.
He doesn't think it's the head gasket but a gasket somewhere, he cannot do it but has gone to see if he can recommend anyone who could.
How much, well how long is a piece of string ? It would need quite a few man hours to find out where it was coming from so we have decided to put it on ebay for spares or repair.
We just cannot get a break from all these car problems.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >