Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2023, 07:04 AM

That's it Thursday 20th July 2023

Morning all. Yep Thursday. Not long till weekend although do days just meld into one as you are mostly retired? Hope you all have a good day and do whatever takes your fancy. Hope all that are feeling poorly feel better today. If you can sit in the sun, works wonders.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-07-2023, 07:29 AM
That is the Tesco run done for a couple of weeks,just got back before the traffic builds up for those who can't walk their kids to school. Sun has decided it was about time it crept over the horizon, last night so so hot.
Now for a coffee
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2023, 08:46 AM
Good morning Brenda have a good day whatever you are up to

Hope Dave is feeling better today Chris

As Barry said Tesco run done but it is months worth not a couple of weeks. Oh he hasn't had a coffee he has gone for a snooze

I was meant to have the day off from the school run but poor Maria's tonsils now have an ulcer on them so have made an appointment for 3.30 this afternoon. Ben will collect her from school and take her there and I will pick the other two up and take home.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2023, 08:59 AM
Morning brenda, Barry,Sue and all to follow.
Sunny and warm here today.
Brewster is a bit quiet today, he had me up at 4.30 am yesterday just because he was awake, last night he was restless due to a bit of an upset tummy, so was up at 11 just gone to bed, then again by 1 after going back to bed. So I gave up till 3.30 after letting him settle and making sure he was asleep.
Not totally fasting him but giving him a lot less food and some canned pure pumpkin. He is sleeping in the garden not surprised if he feels as tired as I do he needs it.
We are hoping it improves today as he is due his 2nd vaccination tomorrow.

brenda enjoy your day.
Sue it's a relief when the shopping is done. Poor Maria I hope the Dr, gives her ab's tomorrow to clear the throat up.
Chris I hope Dave is feeling better today and you have managed to get breakfast out.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2023, 09:13 AM
Morning all

Got a phone call last night and was asked if I could work from 5am till 9am so done that and now wide awake here although could be in bed earlier tonight. Playing table tennis this afternoon with a local group think they are mostly University of 3rd age people but fine by me used to enjoy that on holidays so giving it a go.

I am off to the supermarket shortly myself Sue, again missing the school traffic would of been there earlier bar for the work situation but hey ho spreads the day out. Got some rogue weeds popped up on the front so off out there when back amazes me nowt then BING they are there - but not for long.

Popped the machine on when I came home, looked to be not drying weather when I left this morning but changed now so hopeful, just waiting for that to finish before setting out therefore the washing on the line rather than in machine while out shopping. Have my list and a plan. LOL

Tomorrow got the "play reading group" as we were changed location and date due to an issue where we normally go. Then off out at 6.30 for a carvery (rebooked from last week if you recall) Allotment group on Sunday this week lots back from hols etc so expecting a decent group which will be needed imagine the weeds have run rampant.

Chris Hope Dave is feeling better I imagine Ted is a good hot water bottle.

Brenda hope the itchiness is still lessening

Lynn Sue Brewster will be fine puppies like children down then straight back up. Catch up on your sleep while you can. But what's the worse you put off his 2nd jab till early next week is not quite right.

Sue Ouch to Maria do you think they may consider taking tonsils out if this persists? Have a good day glad the shopping is sorted.

Griff Hope all is good your end and like me you have sunshine at the moment.

Barry Enjoy your coffee and nap.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2023, 10:39 AM
Good afternoon all

Nice morning out. Dave is feeling a heck of a lot better, but oh so tired so I'm guessing he will sleep most of the afternoon

Gary had his tonsils and adenoids out when he was 3 years old because every month and a half his throat would be so swelled he literally couldn't breathe. Had them out and never a problem since
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2023, 11:32 AM
Afternoon all
Sorry to hear Dave has been unwell, fingers crossed he is 100% soon
Barry, enjoy the coffee
Sue,.so sorry Maria is poorly, my brother had his tonsils out when he was little and my dad did too, hopefully they can give her some antibiotics and knock it on the head
Lynn, sorry Brewster is off colour hopefully he can still have his second jabs
Kazz, enjoy the carvery, was there on Monday....the veg selection was much better this time but they had run out of a lot following Sunday.
Brenda, I try to make myself go out every day and try to find something to do....I don't really feel like it but I don't want to give up just yet.
I have another water infection, might have to see if I can get a drs appointment tomorrow, will just have to leave the dogs and if they bark....well, they bark! If not, it's going to be Tuesday before I can get an appointment. I am not saying anything to the hospital this time! I am sick of getting pushed down the list so will keep it buttoned, if the consultant decides to look at my records, that's up to him but I am not letting on. I need the surgery as that's why I keep getting the infections, they won't give me surgery because of the infections
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2023, 04:25 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Well at last the doctor has agreed that Maria's tonsils need to come out. I had mine and my adenoids done when I was about seven never had a problem. It is better to have them done as young as possible
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2023, 05:05 PM
Lots of ice cream then She.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2023, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good afternoon everyone

Well at last the doctor has agreed that Maria's tonsils need to come out. I had mine and my adenoids done when I was about seven never had a problem. It is better to have them done as young as possible
Better than the reoccurring tonsillitis. Is this something new since she came to UK or always been an issue?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >