View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 10:51 PM

Toilet training - do you get up during the night with puppies?

Hi all,
Just a question for you guys,how many of you actually got up in the night to let your pup out to use the toilet.
Was just thinking about the sucess we've had with Tyler and how to toilet train our new arrival,we will again be setting the alarm clock to get up during the night to let her out.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 10:52 PM
i did sal always got up for the boys to go out and it was easier that they both always wanted to go at the same time and even now i still get up to let them out
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-08-2006, 10:55 PM
I was really lucky with my two, they went to bed at midnight and slept right through til about 6.30-7ish right from the start.
Meg
Supervisor

17-08-2006, 11:04 PM
I have had to get up in the night with many puppies over the years no alarm clock needed though, I always took the puppy I happened to be training to bed with me in a box so I would hear it if it needed to go out, if it didn't we both slept through.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 12:05 AM
OH used to stay up with Suki until 12/1am so that she could have her last pee. Then he'd bring her upstairs and I was up at 5.30am for work so I'd let her out before I went to work. Even at weekends! But it didn't last long as she got more and more relaxed and now won't get up unless OH or I get up.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 06:22 AM
No never get up during the night.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 08:24 AM
We never got up during the night with Hollie - let out last thing at night then Kev would let her out when he got up, usually 5.30/6am.

Now I think about it, toilet training Hollie was so easy I can hardly remember what we did - I remember newspaper but not for long, I do remember lots of "wee wee's, come do wee wee's" in a rather high sing song voice!!!

I will ask Kev later if he remember it differently (although I did it!) - we had 2 young children at the time (2 and 4) so I was really really busy!
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
I have had to get up in the night with many puppies over the years no alarm clock needed though, I always took the puppy I happened to be training to bed with me in a box so I would hear it if it needed to go out, if it didn't we both slept through.
I also did this with Loki he generally let me know if he needed to go out, think the only accidents we had were when he had an upset tummy otherwise we got out in time! He still wakes me up if he wants to go out in the night now, generally its only when he has been too busy chasing moths to go when hes let out before bed!
Although last night he got me up, I went to take him out and he got straight on sofa and went too sleep! He'd woken me up because he was hot and wanted to go downstairs where its cooler I couldnt get back to sleep after that
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

18-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Same as Mini. Pups beside the bed, up and out if they fret/whine, straight back to bed after a successful outing

Have never had any house training problems at all
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Yep - we did our fair share of stumbling zombie-like around the garden in the dark, trying to keep things calm and whispering, "be clean" when all Loki wanted to do was race around full of beans .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >