Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:07 AM

What do your dogs do with Kongs?

In the last week we've started putting the dog's food in Kongs instead of in bowls. They really love it! It takes 3 Kongs to give them the full portion and in one of them I put somethign yummy like a smidgen of peanut butter and a couple of chunks of banana.
Ben just gets stuck in and lies there but Max is funny with his. He will eat the food but one there is no more kibble he starts to fling the Kong around to make sure nothing else is in there. He gets quite violent with it and almost always finds a soggy bit of kibble! When they're done I get lots of kisses. It's become a bit of a ritual but it's so funny to watch.
I'd love to know if anyone else's dogs have funny habits with their Kongs.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Oh yes! i know the Kong Fling well!

China, when given a kong, will run to the rug with it...then start dragging her belly around on the floor with the kong held high. Then she starts dropping it and flinging it around and running after bits of kibble that comes out of it!

After it looks as though its empty she will sit and chew it for a few minutes then walk of with a look of contempt on her face because it is empty!

She is funny though! I love watching her! she looks like she is having so much fun!
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:35 AM
It's great isn't it!

I love that you've named it the Kong Fling!!!!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Kismet throws hers around so violently I'm sure she's going to get it over the fence one day... looking forward to having to knock for that one... "Please can Kismet have her Kong back"
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Heehee. Mine roll them under the back of the settee, then scratch all day at my lovely oak floor to get to them, I have to finally retrive them, all covered in hair and dust
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Kismet throws hers around so violently I'm sure she's going to get it over the fence one day... looking forward to having to knock for that one... "Please can Kismet have her Kong back"
Yes with that sheepish look we all had when we had to ask for our ball back when we were younger! I've had things knocked over in the lounge so I try to keep them out during King time!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:40 AM
The boys will lie down on their beds first, and get out what they can in comfort.

Then they will throw it against walls, floors, furniture until the offending piece of stuck biscuit comes out.

Unfortuntely, our sofas are just the right height above the floor for a Kong to get stuck under
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Heehee. Mine roll them under the back of the settee, then scratch all day at my lovely oak floor to get to them, I have to finally retrive them, all covered in hair and dust
Your poor floor! Our Kongs are a strange mix of red with some black fluff patches which the dogs don't seem to mind at all
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
The boys will lie down on their beds first, and get out what they can in comfort.

Then they will throw it against walls, floors, furniture until the offending piece of stuck biscuit comes out.

Unfortuntely, our sofas are just the right height above the floor for a Kong to get stuck under
That's not good! I'm lucky that mine don't do that! Do yours give you that pleading look to help them get it out or do they just push their legs as far under as they can and try and fish it out whilst actually pusshing it further under?!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by LittleMonkies View Post
That's not good! I'm lucky that mine don't do that! Do yours give you that pleading look to help them get it out or do they just push their legs as far under as they can and try and fish it out whilst actually pusshing it further under?!
Ha ha ha! China does the whole " Mu....mmmmmmyyyyyy Help" look.....she will sniff the part of the sofa her biscuit has gone under and then give you the biggest brown eyes ever! until you get off the sofa, and grab it for her and then she just wolfs it down and walks off!

Not a single thank you! pfft!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >