Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EdinburghGary
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-03-2009, 08:23 AM

Dogs in the office!

How many of you bring your best friends into work? Baxter is spending his first full day in the office (Basil has for over 6 months), and so far, so stressful!!!

Not 100% toilet trained yet, and big office, so having to watch him like a hawk. Basil on the other hand, instead of having his morning kip on my desk (see photo below), he is manic! Chasing puppy, hyper, over excitable and I guess just chuffed that instead of the sound of Keyboards all day to put him to sleep, he has his best pal to amuse him.

Very rewarding getting so much time with them, but my god at times it can be a nightmare.

Share your doggy work stories!

Gary.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I work from home so mine are always in the 'office' with me.

If I go out training or to a consultation I will often leave some and take some. I occassionally need them as stooge dogs and when I go training I often have a bit of time to do some work with them in the halls.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 08:47 AM
I work from home too, so Missy is always at my office!
When I am working, she's a very good girl, she goes and lays down on the mat in the conservatory, almost as if she knows the people I am seeing are not well and need to be left alone.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-03-2009, 09:01 AM
When I was self employed I used to have a PRT who came to work with me every day for years. We had a fairly large open plan office with a warehouse below which he had the run of, but he preferred sleeping on my feet under the desk. He also used to come out in the van with me when I made deliveries, he had a dog bed built into the back of the van and he seemed to think it was his job to guard the stock for me. He would never get out of the van until we returned to base. He was really well behaved and although the office door was opening and closing throughout the day he only left when I did.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 10:55 AM
I have my own shop so both spotties come with me.

Takara is currently asleep by my feet underneath the counter hogging the halogen heater and Eddy's in the back having cried and cried whilst making his bed.

I have a babygate at the end of the counter so they can't go out into the shop as it's on a main road and I don't like the thought of someone leaving the door open or something.

When I'm out stocking shelves, Takara comes out into the shop with me to 'help' and she's quiet and polite when people come in unless they try to reach over the counter at which point she barks which I quite like - makes me feel safer!

Eddy spends days away from the shop with friends from time to time because although he's settling into it now he doesn't really like being here all that much - it's a bit cold and he'd rather be cuddled up on the sofa with one of the friends who take him for me!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Max comes to work with me (I work for my dad). Right now he is asleep in my dad's lounge, sunning himself in front of the patio windows. It's great to bring your dog to work, company for all of us. Plus on a quiet day, when I've done all of my work, Max gets a bonus walk!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 07:18 PM
I would LOVE a job where I could take my dog to work with me.

It would be my ideal place to work.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2009, 08:10 PM
yep...well, its me, that goes to work with my dogs, they work a fence at a gold mine ....i lay under there desk,best sleep ever!!!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm a teacher.. I don't think I could keep my students attention with the dogs in the room